Cilantro-Lime Calamari with Pasta
1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 lb. calamari (diced/cut up)
3/4 lb. linguini
4 tbsp. butter, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 c. white wine
1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro
Lime slices, for serving
¼ teaspoon anchovy paste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, and cumin. Add calamari and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- I’ve left it overnight in the fridge.
- Before cooking calamari, boil pasta: In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain.
- Cook calamari: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons butter. Add calamari & cook for about 5 to 10 minutes until done. Remove calamari from skillet.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet. When melted, stir in garlic, and red pepper flakes. Anchovy Paste, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chicken broth and white wine, and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Add cooked pasta and return shrimp to skillet. Sprinkle lightly with cumin. Add 1 slice of lime – crush once in skillet. Add lemon juice. Toss everything together until evenly coated in sauce.
- Serve warm with cilantro and lime slices & shaved parmesan. Maybe some warm Italian Bread from "the Market Lady" & a Glass of Red.