2018 Cooking and Fishing

JoeBfishing

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Excellent, I always like fish better when someone else cooks it for me! Fantastic video and beautiful catch and releases. Loved the bleeding of the keepers. Thank you for sharing.(y)

Reactions: buddha162

MOJOE

Staff member
Dec 29, 2018
buddha reel nice video thanks for putting it up,, happy new year,,be safe,,,,,,,,,,,,><((:)>

><((:)>

Reactions: buddha162

NYSharpie

New Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Hi guys. Those of you who know me know that I have just as an equal passion for cooking as I do for fishing. Not fishing related, but had to share this with all you carnivores out there. Didn't have any set plans for New Years so my wife and I decided to cook a gourmet meal at home. The star of the night was a 2.5 pound Prime Dry Aged Porterhouse which I decided to cook Lugers style. Started it in a Cast iron skillet on the stove and finished under the broiler with a citrus and garlic butter. Here are some pics from start to finish. Enjoy!

Steak 1.jpgSteak 2.jpgSteak 3.jpg

Frank

NYSharpie

New Angler
Dec 20, 2018
It was pretty bad ass! I will post some of my favorite fish recipes in days to come. Stay tuned for my famous fish cake recipe, imitated, never duplicated! Lol. 41DD7B55-3947-48A4-825C-C3BC7487AFDC.jpeg

Reactions: eyeglassjoe

NYSharpie

New Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Frank's Famous Fish Cakes

3 Fish Fillets cut into 1/2 inch cubes (Fluke and Blackfish work best) - Don't have an exact measurement. I would say a little over keeper size is a good size for using 3 fillets. If you feel you don't have enough fish you can add another fillet.
1 Egg
2 tablespoons of mayo
1 teaspoon dijon Mustard
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 a red onion - chopped
1 green pepper - chopped (You can switch out peppers for 1/2 can of sweet corn if you like - they are both good, but not good together
a few dashes of hot sauce
1/2 bunch of fresh parsley (you can substitute with dill if you like)
3/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs (might need a little more or less depending on how it's holding together)
salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients in a big mixing bowl.

On a baking sheet spread some more panko breadcrumbs on bottom of pan. Begin forming the cakes (I like them a little bigger than your typical hamburger slider - they seem to keep and cook best that way). Once formed coat the outside lightly with the breadcrumbs to keep the cake formed. Once formed wrap the cake in saran wrap and put in large tupperware or baking pan. Repeat this until mixture has run out. You should wind up with 8-9 individually wrapped cakes in a container tightly packed. Place the container in the refrigerator for 30 minutes so they set and firm up. Once firm and ready to cook take however many cakes you want to cook out. Take them out of wrap and spread them out evenly on a baking sheet. You can add a little kosher or coarse sea salt to bottom of tray to prevent from sticking, this is not necessary.

Preheat over to 400 degrees

Cook cakes in over for approximately 14-15 minutes (this should be plenty of time). They will be done. If you are daring, you can cook for 13 minutes and then place under broiler for about 2 minutes at end to brown tops a bit.

Smoked Paprika and Caper Dipping Sauce

While fish is in the over you can make this killer dipping sauce.

3 tablespoons of mayo
1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika (you can use regular paprika if you can't find smoked - Trader Joe's sells it)
2 tablespoons of capers - no juice
1 squeeze of lemon (not a whole lemon, just a little squeeze. Too much will make sauce watery, you don't want that)
pinch of cayenne
pinch of salt

Mix all ingredients together.

I have eaten these cakes several ways. Great on a roll, plain and even over a nice bed of arugula. Enjoy!

Frank

Fish Cake.jpg

eyeglassjoe

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2018
Bayport
Frank's Famous Fish Cakes

3 Fish Fillets cut into 1/2 inch cubes (Fluke and Blackfish work best) - Don't have an exact measurement. I would say a little over keeper size is a good size for using 3 fillets. If you feel you don't have enough fish you can add another fillet.
1 Egg
2 tablespoons of mayo
1 teaspoon dijon Mustard
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 a red onion - chopped
1 green pepper - chopped (You can switch out peppers for 1/2 can of sweet corn if you like - they are both good, but not good together
a few dashes of hot sauce
1/2 bunch of fresh parsley (you can substitute with dill if you like)
3/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs (might need a little more or less depending on how it's holding together)
salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients in a big mixing bowl.

On a baking sheet spread some more panko breadcrumbs on bottom of pan. Begin forming the cakes (I like them a little bigger than your typical hamburger slider - they seem to keep and cook best that way). Once formed coat the outside lightly with the breadcrumbs to keep the cake formed. Once formed wrap the cake in saran wrap and put in large tupperware or baking pan. Repeat this until mixture has run out. You should wind up with 8-9 individually wrapped cakes in a container tightly packed. Place the container in the refrigerator for 30 minutes so they set and firm up. Once firm and ready to cook take however many cakes you want to cook out. Take them out of wrap and spread them out evenly on a baking sheet. You can add a little kosher or coarse sea salt to bottom of tray to prevent from sticking, this is not necessary.

Preheat over to 400 degrees

Cook cakes in over for approximately 14-15 minutes (this should be plenty of time). They will be done. If you are daring, you can cook for 13 minutes and then place under broiler for about 2 minutes at end to brown tops a bit.

Smoked Paprika and Caper Dipping Sauce

While fish is in the over you can make this killer dipping sauce.

3 tablespoons of mayo
1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika (you can use regular paprika if you can't find smoked - Trader Joe's sells it)
2 tablespoons of capers - no juice
1 squeeze of lemon (not a whole lemon, just a little squeeze. Too much will make sauce watery, you don't want that)
pinch of cayenne
pinch of salt

Mix all ingredients together.

I have eaten these cakes several ways. Great on a roll, plain and even over a nice bed of arugula. Enjoy!

Frank

View attachment 423

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sfishing2000