2020 Western Sound Bass run ...

UNCFISH

New Angler
Apr 2, 2019
Stamford, CT
I trolled for 3 hours yesterday afternoon/evening. not a sniff. water temp was 52 degrees. was hoping for better. definitely marked bait and fish. I also tried casting some schoolie spots of mine at sunset, no takers. With the warm few days, the fish should turn on in a big way any day now.

UNCFISH

New Angler
Apr 2, 2019
Stamford, CT
anyone seen any snaggable bunker yet? if you have a line on some, i'd like to try to chunk tomorrow night. or shops that may be carrying it?? thanks!

JoeBfishing

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Hit the back of Stony Brook harbor this morning. Half a dozen to 24".
It sure was a beautiful morning for it!👍🏼The Sky was Carolina Blue until just about noon when someone kicked on the fan...
UNCFISH, I’ve only seen what looked like snaggable bunker once this season. That was a couple weeks ago off New Rochelle... I was trolling and the Mojos were bumping off them. Is Jacks selling them? Good Luck.

Last edited:

Capt13

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Smithtown
Went out this afternoon ......don't what I was thinking. Cold and blowing east with occasional rain. Fished inside the harbor again. 1 follower and one that blew up twice and missed it.

BlueMarlin478

New Angler
Feb 25, 2019
Pelham, NY
www.instagram.com
Anyone got an update from the Western? Water temps?

Havent been able to make the return trip home from down south yet but im getting antsy based on what I've been seeing pop up from social media.

Hope you guys are sticking a few!

Reactions: BennyV

UNCFISH

New Angler
Apr 2, 2019
Stamford, CT
Anyone got an update from the Western? Water temps?

Havent been able to make the return trip home from down south yet but im getting antsy based on what I've been seeing pop up from social media.

Hope you guys are sticking a few!
Was out there today from Rye to Oyster Bay and parts in between. Water temp was 49-50 degrees. still struggling to get above 50. I trolled for two hours and marked a lot of bait but no bass. caught a short fluke on a bucktail/gulp after i quit trolling.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Optimum II