April 1st openers

flounderbound

New Angler
Feb 17, 2019
I don`t know what the future will bring us but next week marks the opening of flounder and blackfish fishing in N.Y I managed to get my boat in the water at City Island and am optimistic about the fish waiting to be caught.There are already bunker in the water. The surface water temp is 48degrees, I`m sure many of us need something to keep our minds off the pandemic.

BennyV

Staff member
Dec 21, 2018
City Island, The Bronx
I don`t know what the future will bring us but next week marks the opening of flounder and blackfish fishing in N.Y I managed to get my boat in the water at City Island and am optimistic about the fish waiting to be caught.There are already bunker in the water. The surface water temp is 48degrees, I`m sure many of us need something to keep our minds off the pandemic.
Take me with you! I’ll mate. I’ll stay in the bow all day and you can fish the stern. 6 feet away at all times.

flounderbound

New Angler
Feb 17, 2019
Well I decided to give flounder fishing a shot.I had a good slow drift in the Rodmans neck area of Pelham Bay .Stayed for 3.5 hours without a tap.Surface water temp was 50degrees. I think the tide wasn`t in my favor-top of the high.I`ll try again in a week.

Reactions: MOJOE and BennyV

flounderbound

New Angler
Feb 17, 2019
I`ve been trying to get out but the weather keeps going against me. The next trip I do will be for flatties and blackfish. Has anyone heard of any tautog action in the western sound?My lilacs are starting to bloom ,if that means anything today.Some of the guys at my marina are getting keeper stripers on the bottom with bunker chunks.

Reactions: BennyV

flounderbound

New Angler
Feb 17, 2019
I had to get out on this beautiful day. I had a plan to blackfish first and then give flounders a shot. I hit a local wreck with clams and green crabs and had immediate action on both baits . Wound up with 4 short blacks,biggest 14.5". After a while I tried other pieces without luck. Flounders were a bust,fishing Glen Island ,the lagoon,etc. Hey,at least I caught something.Happy for that.

Reactions: MOJOE and BennyV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Optimum II