Are you hunting in NY this year ?

Pangaroo

Angler
Jan 15, 2021
I went upstate last Friday to mow the grass on my property and didn't bring up a rifle/shotgun or pistol. Usually I do for self defense or target shooting, not this time.
How do you travel in NY with a gun these days ? I went up and stayed at a hotel for 2 nights. I didn't bring the guns up because I couldn't leave them in the car overnight and the hotel had no sign saying guns allowed. I don't have a fireproof gun case because none exist and that's why NY said the case had to be fireproof. NY'S REASONABLE GUN CONTROL
What happens if you break down in NYC and gotta leave your car ( with guns inside ) to get help for some reason ? Some Eagle EYED NYPD cop might spot the guns and charge you with a felony .
You can't bring a gun into a state park to hunt , they say you can for hunting but try telling that to an anti gun cop who wants to make your life miserable. The radical anti gunners in NY are just itching to set an example and ruin a hunters life to discourage others from carrying guns.
So are you going deer hunting this year ? I'm not going this year and I hope many other hunters sit home and don't hunt as well. Let the DEC manage the deer herd all by themselves. The Deer herd will double in 2 years and cause trouble for the upstaters who enable all this .
LET THE DEC MANAGE THE DEER HERD ALL BY THEMSELVES, when the deer get out of control , the farmers will complain, more deer collisions , hotels will lose money with no hunters and maybe the upstate politicians will vote differently. You hunt and they get away with it.

Hunter704

Angler
Jul 14, 2019
I have been hunting 35 plus years i enjoy every time i get out, i will not let a few idiots who are trying to change the laws ruin anything for me i will continue to do what i have been for years.

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
The new laws and regs did not impact me in the least, since 90% of my hunting is on a nuisance permit. I have been in favor of blaze orange since I started hunting (only at it since 2004 or so) and think the requirement of just a stupid hat is a farce.

Attachments

• Blaze camo 2015.JPG
    Blaze camo 2015.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 1

Hunter704

Angler
Jul 14, 2019
Safety is key and always number one rule I wear enough orange during gun season, not so much bow hunting but during gun I have enough on to say if you shoot me you better have good explanation. I certainly don’t see hundreds of thousands Ny hunters not hunting because of the jerk offs trying to change thinks be back at it November 5th crossbow hunting

Reactions: longcast

Pangaroo

Angler
Jan 15, 2021
I first went Deer Hunting in 1976 and wish it was 1976 again. But I'm not going hunting this year to protest the new gun laws. Think before you go up , you'll make stops on the way up to buy food, take a leak and you got your guns in the back in regular gun cases. No checks and balances in NY anymore and you'd be at their mercy if they caught you breaking the gun laws. Think of the legal bills to defend yourself, the radicals are itching to make examples and ruin gun owners lives.
How you staying at a hotel ? you gonna leave the guns in the car overnight ? suppose the guns get stolen and a NY State Tropper is filling out the report ????? You think he'll look the other way ?
The whole point of not going hunting this year is to put pressure on the upstate politicians who voted for these crazy new gun laws. When the farmers, hotels, drivers who had accidents with deer etc. put pressure on the politicians they'll back off. It won't get the new laws repealed, but they'll think twice about passing future gun control. The NY Senate swung wildly left last election and Democrats have a veto proof majority, Upstate NY voted them in .
Let the DEC manage the Deer herd all by themselves, why do you wanna help them , pay them license fees ? Hunters do what they please, aren't united and won't do a thing to protest the new laws.
NY is one school mass shooting away from total gun control, bans.
YOU GOTTA TRAVEL THRU NYC, REMEMBER THAT.

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
Cutting off yournose to spite your face are we ? I check my turn signals and brake lights regularly. I signal when changing lanes, rarely go more than 5mph over the limit, come to a full stop at stop signs and before turning right on red. I haven't been pulled over since 1976 while driving a red Mustang. When I go shooting at Calverton I bring a veritable arsenal out there, with nary a second thought. Hunter's license fees and purchases, do more for wildlife conservation than every bleeding heart liberal PETA type organization out there. But I appreciate you putting pressure on the politicians. I am sure they will take note.

Pangaroo

Angler
Jan 15, 2021
Cutting off yournose to spite your face are we ? I check my turn signals and brake lights regularly. I signal when changing lanes, rarely go more than 5mph over the limit, come to a full stop at stop signs and before turning right on red. I haven't been pulled over since 1976 while driving a red Mustang. When I go shooting at Calverton I bring a veritable arsenal out there, with nary a second thought. Hunter's license fees and purchases, do more for wildlife conservation than every bleeding heart liberal PETA type organization out there. But I appreciate you putting pressure on the politicians. I am sure they will take note.
A Federal Judge just ruled NY's gun control laws are unconstitutional . Gave NY 3 days to respond.
Judge said people can carry on the NYC Subway, Times Square , the gov't can only restrict in places that were in effect before the new laws.
People can carry on private property and don't need a sign saying guns allowed.
You don't have to turn over your social media to get a Carry Permit.
But you still need a fireproof gun case and I'm sure the state will heavilly enforce the rule now just to intimidate gun owners.

Pangaroo

Angler
Jan 15, 2021
So, are you going hunting now?
Everything is headed in the right direction now , I'll go up hunting now. But that fireproof gun case requirement worries me. How you going up with multiple guns to hunt or to the Calverton Rifle range if you can't even buy a fireproof gun case ? A couple of times I'll go up by myself and it'll be a pain to drive for 5 hours and not stop for a leak, to get something to eat. And no guns in state parks , they say it's ok to have a gun for hunting, but where is that written in the law ????
Eventually all the new gun control will be ruled unconstitutional and then NY will be livable . Long Island is moderate, Upstate Sheriffs encourage gun ownership, juries there and on LI will be more sympathetic in gun cases . I hope upstate votes in a Republican State Senate, this state desperately needs divided state gov't . . I thought about moving to another state, but where ? I'd miss Saltwater, there's family .

Hunter704

Angler
Jul 14, 2019
I’m not to concerned about a fireproof case for going hunting, first of all I’m not even sure there is a such thing, as long as you’re not doing anything crazy continue doing what you have been for years the last thing you want is these jerk offs to win and scare everyone there a bunch of wind bags trying to disrupt the outdoorsman from doing what we have done for years from generations to generations, so in my eyes suit up get in the woods and bag a big buck happy hunting everyone.

Reactions: pequa1

Pangaroo

Angler
Jan 15, 2021
I hope everybody has a great time hunting this year. It's nice sitting in the woods watching nature, thinking to yourself and that Big buck comes out of no where and startles you. You're sitting there thinking about something and you turn around and a deer is sneaking by you. I'm almost 35 percent deaf and it's all visual for me in the woods.

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
njpdlstar