At the dock- Freeport Creek

Area: Debs/Jones

Bassknuckles

Angler
Jan 15, 2019
Due to the wind, the boat stayed at the dock this weekend. I decided to do a little maintenance on the boat and switch around the fishing gear for the fall run. Afterward, drinking a beer I went snapper fishing off the bow of the boat. Snappers have slowed down from 2 weeks ago but they are larger in size. Switched to a small diamond jig and ended up with my surprise catch, a very large bluefish in the 25" range. She put up a nice battle on on snapper pole and when I got the fish to the boat and without a net, the fish snapped the line and broke the tip eye of the pole. The pole was cheaper than gas so it was a good day.

longcast

Well-Known Angler
Mar 7, 2019
Exactly what you are describing has been happening at the local areas near my home. Have to up the tackle in case a bruiser swims by!

MOJOE

Staff member
Dec 29, 2018
Due to the wind, the boat stayed at the dock this weekend. I decided to do a little maintenance on the boat and switch around the fishing gear for the fall run. Afterward, drinking a beer I went snapper fishing off the bow of the boat. Snappers have slowed down from 2 weeks ago but they are larger in size. Switched to a small diamond jig and ended up with my surprise catch, a very large bluefish in the 25" range. She put up a nice battle on on snapper pole and when I got the fish to the boat and without a net, the fish snapped the line and broke the tip eye of the pole. The pole was cheaper than gas so it was a good day.
no tog off your dock? ,how deep are you there,,,, i always hit the tog good when i had the skiff on gettreson creek,,, some nice keepers too,,, ><)))):>
><))):>

Reactions: george

Bassknuckles

Angler
Jan 15, 2019
no tog off your dock? ,how deep are you there,,,, i always hit the tog good when i had the skiff on gettreson creek,,, some nice keepers too,
Never tried, The boat hasn't left the dock since 9/30. I plan on getting out tomorrow for opening day. I will defiantly need to give it a try next time I'm at the dock. The boat next to me has some crabs in a trap off the side off the boat I can always use (only kidding Paul).

Reactions: MOJOE

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrT