Ba

Area: Fire Island

Snapprhead27

Well-Known Angler
May 21, 2020
Islip
So decided to jump on a boat out of Captree with some friends to see if I can get in on the action. We head to the ocean and steam west, start diamond jigging. Dogs, dogs and more dogs. One keeper and one over slot came up. We start cruising around and more dogs. Throw on a treble and start snagging bunker to live line and see if that will change things, but nothing but more dogs. Then all of a sudden a bunch of birds starting diving all over and we switch over to tossing bass assassins. Start hooking up with schoolies, I ended up with 4, biggest being 25.5". Nothing to take home, but just felt good to be out on the water and having some type of action.

Aquarius

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Woodcleft Canal, Freeport, New York
How was the explosion from the water I'm half mile from the bay and it shook my house?

Is this what you are talking about??

Police: 'Unspecified device' left crater on Fox Island; boat operator sought

Police: 'Unspecified device' left crater on Fox Island; boat operator sought

Nov 29, 2021, 5:09amUpdated 12m ago
By: News 12 Staff

Suffolk arson detectives are investigating the circumstances surrounding an unspecified device that detonated and formed a crater on Fox Island Sunday morning.
Police say they received multiple calls from surrounding towns about a loud noise at around 11 a.m.
They say the crater left by the incident is about 4 feet wide and 2 feet deep. According to police, “the crater appears to have been created when the device was detonated. There were no injuries reported.”
A plume of smoke near Fox Island
A plume of smoke near Fox Island
Arson Section detectives are asking for the public’s help to identify and locate the operator of a vessel seen leaving the area at the time of the detonation. The boat is described as having stripes.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Arson Section at 631-852-6024 or leave anonymous tip at Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
94a80608-f953-4ce1-8a26-0d10da6f4385.jpg

731a4299-0112-4121-b5d6-2daae006dc82.jpg

Google Maps

Somebody with too much time on their hands and an evil relative over for the holidays. They decided to try making a "firecracker". Lucky they didn't blow their arm off.

• Wow
Reactions: MOJOE

Snapprhead27

Well-Known Angler
May 21, 2020
Islip
I was in the cabin at the time and didn't hear anything. Then when I was checking my phone a bunch of the FD GroupMe chats wrere mentioning some type of explosion. My friend was up on the top deck smoking, jokingly made a comment after the boom as to what are the hunters using, canons to hunt ducks?! This was prior to knowing what had happen.
How was the explosion from the water I'm half mile from the bay and it shook my house?

Louis D

New Angler
Jan 30, 2019
Yes that is it . He said he went west so I figured he was lined up with the lindenhurst cut and might of heard it

Aquarius

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Woodcleft Canal, Freeport, New York
It has been over a month and this thing has left the news and public interest. Does anyone know if the investigation is over or if anyone charged? It looks like there was a picture of a boat speeding away. It should have been easy to identify at least the type of boat. Not many left in the water at that time. I figure by this time someone would have ratted out a bad neighbor or the authorities would have brought someone in for questioning.