Back yard critters

crabby

Well-Known Angler
Dec 20, 2018
I haven't seen any rabbits around for a few weeks. Last trace I saw was fur on the lawn.

The other day a hawk landed on my shed. First time I've seen one right here. I wounder if it's taken up residence, and is the reason the rabbits are gone?

cany

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 20, 2018
NW of Moriches inlet
I haven't seen any rabbits around for a few weeks. Last trace I saw was fur on the lawn.

The other day a hawk landed on my shed. First time I've seen one right here. I wounder if it's taken up residence, and is the reason the rabbits are gone?

I had a Hawk tear up a Bluejay the other day there were feathers everywhere

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
I think I saw a new species on this snowy morning!! I was staring out on the water and saw a flock of goose-size birds with long black necks and heads that had white backs. Not Canada Geese, but not Snow Geese either, could they be Canada Snow Geese???

Grabbed the binoculars and realized they were Canada Geese with snow-covered backs. All my years waterfowling and bird watching in horrid snow storms and this is the first time I'd ever seen waterfowl with snow on their backs. My decoys? Yes!! Real birds? Nope!

This snow must be like glue in that it's falling straight down and satellite dish just got gunked up enough for me to lose signal...

Chevy1

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Islip
36763677Not my backyard but saw this Pheasant in mount Sinai and the pigs and chickens in Miller Place

Reactions: MOJOE

Staff online

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoppkorv