Bite offs !

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
Fishing the back bay and am losing Gulp again to bites smaller then my pinky. Could be blowfish I suppose but anyone seeing any snappers this early ? With a limit of 3 just looking to liveline them.

longcast

Angler
Mar 7, 2019
I have not seen any yet. Could be blowfish as I have seen them pulled at the local dock. Folks fishing close to the bulkhead, no chum pot so there must be a bunch.
Save the stubs, recharge them, and cut a strip of fat cow lengthwise and add to the bucktail (assuming that's how you are fishing). The gulp stub keeps scent in the water, the fat cow keeps the fluttering appearance.

Have done this in SC fishing flounder, trout, and redfish. It feels like GULP last mere seconds in those waters!!

Reactions: pequa1 and BennyV

longcast

Angler
Mar 7, 2019
I think for the application you are talking about, I have not seen a difference. Although bucktailing from a jetty, I still use what little I have left! :)

Snapprhead27

Angler
May 21, 2020
Islip
Had that happen the other day to me at the Captree Docks...Was throwing out gulps, felt little nibble and when I got it in, small bites out of the tail. I finally hooked into a kingfish and lost him at the dock. So I figured thats what was nibbling at my gulp. I even went to a small/lighter jighead and still couldn't hook into anything. Just missing pieces

• Sad
Reactions: pequa1

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sorop