Busy weekend

Area: Debs/Jones

Bucktail II

Angler
Jul 9, 2021
I was fortunate enough to fish both days this past weekend.

Saturday...West wind 5-10 to start the morning, out going tide. Steamed off to some deep water looking for a few keeper seabass and maybe some fluke. First location produced a sporadic bite of short seabass and a few short fluke with 1 keeper going in the box. Now that the stink was off it was time to start looking around. Headed a few miles East and set up at the end of the tide. Slow drift resulted in a few more short fluke and another keeper.....also in the mix was some ling. I was more excited about the ling.....Momma likes ling! Once the tide changed the wind picked up and the bite was a steady pick.....5-6 shorts each drift with a keeper mixed in every now and then. Ended the day with 4 keeper fluke and a basket of ling. Headed back at 3:45.

Sunday....Had my wife, daughter, and my daughters boyfriend Joe out for a few hours in the bay. Too windy for the girls in the ocean. Picked around locally for about 20 shorts and 3 keeper fluke to 22". My wife had all 3 keepers. Fish were very aggressive at the bottom of the tide. Traditional fluke rig with spearing and squid strip was the hot bait. Bucktails worked too when I had a chance to fish......spent most of the trip maneuvering the boat and playing mate....which I loved !

longcast

Well-Known Angler
Mar 7, 2019
I was fortunate enough to fish both days this past weekend.

Saturday...West wind 5-10 to start the morning, out going tide. Steamed off to some deep water looking for a few keeper seabass and maybe some fluke. First location produced a sporadic bite of short seabass and a few short fluke with 1 keeper going in the box. Now that the stink was off it was time to start looking around. Headed a few miles East and set up at the end of the tide. Slow drift resulted in a few more short fluke and another keeper.....also in the mix was some ling. I was more excited about the ling.....Momma likes ling! Once the tide changed the wind picked up and the bite was a steady pick.....5-6 shorts each drift with a keeper mixed in every now and then. Ended the day with 4 keeper fluke and a basket of ling. Headed back at 3:45.

Sunday....Had my wife, daughter, and my daughters boyfriend Joe out for a few hours in the bay. Too windy for the girls in the ocean. Picked around locally for about 20 shorts and 3 keeper fluke to 22". My wife had all 3 keepers. Fish were very aggressive at the bottom of the tide. Traditional fluke rig with spearing and squid strip was the hot bait. Bucktails worked too when I had a chance to fish......spent most of the trip maneuvering the boat and playing mate....which I loved !
Great trip! Always a good time fishing with family!

Reactions: MOJOE

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motherfluker