Captain's Table charters

Area: North Fork

holty

New Angler
Dec 20, 2018
So at the Ward Melville show this spring I found my way to the raffle area before I left. After reviewing the choices, I put all my marbles in the 'Captain's Table' bucket. I was not confident as I had rarely won anything over the years. A few days later, to my surprise, Captain Mike Bady gave me a call to tell me I had won the half-day trip. Today was the day. Along with my son-in-law and two grandkids, we headed out to Greenport from South Huntington. The ride out was only an hour and Mike was ready to go when we arrived. After a short run from the marina, Mike had us drifting for fluke. We fished this area for a couple of hours boxing 7 or 8 fish with numerous shorts. We then headed to the porgy ground where we culled through many medium-sized fish keeping 10 nice size ones. The Albin 28 TE was a fine fishing platform and a good time was had by all. Thanks for a great trip Mike!

regards Holty

captmike28

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Southold, NY
www.captainstablecharters.com
So glad you and the family had a great time today, Holty. As I mentioned early on, I usually like to start out with the hot Porgy bite for the kids since it is typically a lock and gets them excited right out of the box. But with perfect drifting conditions I felt it was worth a roll of the dice to try Fluking first. It was terrific to see the kids get hooked up with the sometimes tricky to catch Fluke so fortunately the fish gods were smiling on us today!

Best of luck the rest of your season.
Capt Mike

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Csdep1