Captain's Table Family Fun

Area: North Fork

captmike28

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Southold, NY
www.captainstablecharters.com
Had James and his 2 young daughters Sophia and Vanessa join me for a half day charter yesterday. We selected a morning start to try and avoid the anticipated holiday boat traffic and increasing winds forecast. It proved to be the right choice.

We started on one of my favorite Porgy drops and were treated to instant action with a nice mix of fish from smalls right through to jumbos. The girls had a lot of fun putting nice sized medium to larger sized Scup in the box for a solid 2 hours until the tide finally softened and turned.

Next, we hit the Fluke grounds east of Greenport and had plenty of action although the overall Fluke bite was a little slow with a wind vs. tide drift. Still, we managed to box 2 nice keepers in the 21-23” range among 4 other shorts and several undersized Sea Bass. A good time was had by all and the family went home with a nice bag of fish for their Holiday weekend.

I will be off the water next week working an out-of-town job but back at it again come next Saturday. We are edging closer to the special Montauk Fluke part of the summer so now would be a good time to call and set up a time for some of the few remaining dates I have left.

Capt. Mike

516-317-5423 cell

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motherfluker