Captain's Table "Grand Salm"

Area: North Fork

captmike28

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Southold, NY
www.captainstablecharters.com
Had Mike D and his 4-man crew join me yesterday to round out a three day stretch of charters and help my back and hands enjoy the strain! The guys wanted to try and hit for a North Fork “grand slam” and thankfully the weather and fish Gods were all in alignment.

First stop at my favorite Sesa Bass drop in the Sound produced instant action that sustained itself for a solid 2.5 hours during which time the fellows topped of a pretty full boat limit of biscuits to 3.5#. A lot of sorting and many double headers tells you the population is very thick right now out there.

Next Mike wanted show his Croatian exchange student Joseph just how hard a big Bluefish can fight so we spent 90 minutes of the flood in the Gut working bucktails. First drift produced a nice 29” Striper plus a solid 12# Blue. Next several passes were all Blues and everyone’s arms got a good workout. The guys saved 5 Gators for their smoker before looking for a rest and a lunchtime break.

To complete the “slam” we headed back into the Peconic’s where I had found a school of Weakfish the day before. Although there are many shorts around this time of the season, the crew managed to cull 3 keepers to 19.5” among about 8 Weaks total.

So, after another grueling session at the fillet table my customers went home with nice full bags of fillet. Got to love the Fall!!

Capt. Mike

91622joesephseabass.jpg91622timseabass.jpg91622joesephmikeseabassjpg.jpg91622joestriper.jpg

Quote "First stop at my favorite Sesa Bass drop in the Sound produced instant action that sustained itself for a solid 2.5 hours during which time the fellows topped of a pretty full boat limit of biscuits to 3.5#. A lot of sorting and many double headers tells you the population is very thick right now out there."

I couldn't agree more, we couldn't get to the fluke off Block Island, everydrop produced a cbass in various sizes.
Everyplace we stopped, cbass were first take whatever we offered.
Pic of my sons double headers.

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20220917_094545.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20220917_094545.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 9

captmike28

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Southold, NY
www.captainstablecharters.com
Quote "First stop at my favorite Sesa Bass drop in the Sound produced instant action that sustained itself for a solid 2.5 hours during which time the fellows topped of a pretty full boat limit of biscuits to 3.5#. A lot of sorting and many double headers tells you the population is very thick right now out there."

I couldn't agree more, we couldn't get to the fluke off Block Island, everydrop produced a cbass in various sizes.
Everyplace we stopped, cbass were first take whatever we offered.
Pic of my sons double headers.
It's a beautiful thig! Congrats to your son.

Although I like catching big Fluke, I would much rather have a Sea Bass for dinner. And, as we all know, a big Sea Bass on the right tackle is no slouch in the fight department.

Chinacat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 20, 2018
It's a beautiful thig! Congrats to your son.

Although I like catching big Fluke, I would much rather have a Sea Bass for dinner. And, as we all know, a big Sea Bass on the right tackle is no slouch in the fight department.
I agree!!!

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
njpdlstar