Captain's Table Montauk Fluke?

Area: North Fork

captmike28

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Southold, NY
www.captainstablecharters.com
Enjoyed a special birthday celebration for my oldest friend Ron by taking him to Montauk for Fluke yesterday. Weather and ocean conditions were absolutely perfect, but someone forgot to tell the fish to show up!

First drop on the Frisbees, which has been very consistent this season, looked like another good day. We start out with a fat 20” keeper then a couple of shorts. Next 2 drifts produce a 4.5# and then a nice 6# fish. Everything was on schedule. Then it seemed like someone threw a switch and the bite started getting very scratchy and soon after totally shut down.

I got a call from a friend who said he was doing OK at Cartwright, so we started a search pattern out to the deeper drops with some solid spots hit along the way. Regardless of our efforts it seemed like we were fishing in a desert the rest of the day. No Sea Bass, no trash fish, what a total surprise.

Still, I have been around the fishing game long enough to understand we all have to pay some dues occasionally. Next trips to Montauk, hopefully later this week after current blow, will be much better.
Capt. Mike

81422ronfirstfluke.jpg81422ron4.5fluke.jpg81422ronbraceflukejpg.jpg

Chinacat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 20, 2018
A day on the water with an old friend and a few fillets sounds like a great day to me!!!
At least the weather was beautiful

Reactions: Chevy1

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccny73