Captain's Table Nice Fall Action

captmike28

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Had Bob and his West Coast friend Jeff out yesterday for a 6 hour “Bass on Bass” trip.

From the first drop on my mid Sound Sea Bass haunts they enjoyed solid action. No real brutes but nice fat 16-18” fish, perfect for the table. Came within one fish shy of a limit before the tide blew us off the piece.

Next ran over to the Race as the boys wanted to try and bag a Striper. We had plenty of action on bucktails for the next couple of hours but only 2 short Bass. However, the Blues were nearly all mid teen to almost 20# class “Gorillas”. Jeff claimed to be an avid fisherman who has caught big Bass, Salmon, and Halibut from SF to Alaska. He swears he never tangled with anything as strong as those monster Blues! White bucktails with a red Fat Cow proved to be the best combo on yesterday’s ebb tide. Even filled out our Sea Bass limit with a nice 3# fish on the bucktail out here.

It’s hard to believe but we are only 23 days away from Tog season in the Sound. I still have some weekend dates open and plenty of weekdays. Splits are also welcome and having flexibility with weather changes this time of year often helps me to get you on a hot bite.

In that regard, please note my e-mail address has changed again; plumgut@optimum.net is now officially history. It’s a long story so don’t ask!! I am confident I will be able to stay with the new one for a long time. Please see my new contact information at the close of this report.

And don’t forget there are plenty of tasty Sea Bass and Porgies around in addition to the arm breaking Blues if that type of action tickles your fancy. Just give me a call.
Capt. Mike Bady
www.captainstablecharters.com
516-317-5423
racerock166@aol.com
(note new e-mail)

91619sbbox.jpg91619jeffblue.jpg91619jeffsb.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member