Captains Table "Shirt Sleeve" Tog

Area: North Fork

captmike28

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Southold, NY
www.captainstablecharters.com
Took advantage of today’s balmy weather to hit the Tog grounds with Lep for a recreational trip and help him break in his new Grappler/Penn Clash set up.

Started in a favorite shallow drop in 30’ near Fishers and had a reasonably steady bite on the end of the flood but just one keeper Sea Bass and a few Tog to 15” with a bunch more shorts to show for 2 hours effort.

So, we moved a bit further south to a 20’ drop and as the ebb tide slowly started to run the Tog bite really took off. Enjoyed nearly 3 hours of non-stop action boating at least 40-50 fish. Only problem was 90% were shorts. We did manage to cull 5 keepers to only 4# and dropped a few other certain keepers. However, the big boys just did not want to come out and play today, perhaps as a result of the strong full moon tides. Regardless, it was still a great day on the water with a good friend and we both went home with some tasty filets for dinner. Life is good!!

Chevy1

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Islip
Great report, good weather, tight lines and good company. I think you had a great day 👍🏻

live bait

Well-Known Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Good job Capt Mike, I was set up north side of Plum & saw you go by about 7:15ish. Had a similar day, never saw so many shorts & micro sea bass. Moved around a few times & got my limit of three, but don't think I ever went through as crabs in a tide.
John

captmike28

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Southold, NY
www.captainstablecharters.com
Good job Capt Mike, I was set up north side of Plum & saw you go by about 7:15ish. Had a similar day, never saw so many shorts & micro sea bass. Moved around a few times & got my limit of three, but don't think I ever went through as crabs in a tide.
John
You are correct, John. We must have blown through a half bushel or more of crabs for just two guys fishing. And that's using single hook jigs the entire day! Glad to hear you boxed a limit.

Reactions: live bait

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOBBYBB1949