Carp

buddha162

Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
I went through a carp phase...hair rigs, landing mats, telescopic nets, the whole 9yds. Eventually I developed such an affinity with carp that I couldn't see them in distress anymore (I'm starting to get that way with tog too...other species I slit their gills and bleed em out w/o a thought, strange!)

Anyway, when they're dumb --- which in my experience is most of the time --- they'll eat anything. But when they're smart...I've seen a herd of 20lbers vacuum up a whole can's worth of sweet corn chum and ignore my single kernel on a long hair rig...tied with 2lb flourocarbon to a #6 matte gray Fox hook.

flounderjoe

New Angler
Mar 7, 2019
When you hook into one you soon realize why they are such a popular almost sport fish on the other side of the atlantic.and trust me they can be every bit as tricky and moody as the biggest full moon bulldog blackfish

Reactions: Flukerr

Flukerr

New Angler
Feb 14, 2019
The water...
Enjoy those drag screaming mud-minnows....On top-water to boot ! I have many tactics to catch these fish over the years. Form secret baits,hair rigs,floaters,home-made boilies..They can be a real challenge at times. My fav. is watching big ol'e rubber-lips suck a bait off the surface. 8lb. test screaming off the reel...Good times ! We have giants on the Island...some true8447

Reactions: buddha162

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leleya