Cast Netters Bagged for Bass

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
Hudson River Boat Patrol - Marine Waters
On Sept. 7, ECOs Johnson and Walraven conducted a boat patrol along the Hudson River for marine fishing violations. While on patrol, the Officers observed a 100-gallon propane tank floating in the middle of the river, posing a safety risk to boaters. The ECOs secured the tank and brought it ashore with assistance from West Point Military Police. Once on shore, the West Point Fire Department safely removed the tank from the property.

ECOs Johnson and Walraven continued south along the Hudson River to Piermont Pier where they observed an individual throwing a cast net from the bow of a boat. The two fishermen on the boat possessed two young striped bass caught with the cast net. Striped bass can only be legally caught by angling. The ECOs released the fish back into the water and issued the two individuals tickets for taking striped bass by illegal means and fishing without a marine fishing registration.

baH17XK63pYXE-w_b5t6sr0F6hREBttCNIag35DzDopbdpeYdyxeSAdHRHu-9sSBrzEJiGniloIawtDXlbkPTZGJuqjPZk2PCbV8ZjRWUYu6U96o=s0-d-e1-ft

Propane tank floating in the Hudson River

Ncd3rJ7gHTTvLZ03fmc2r6pSxt8ofluef3AZatLvSzgOhNQk5RIlZ7xBdwu6wPlk-DIiBrhyzBOEn3DxZUoX6ZqlWwSJyXB35mM4qhD_1TaAQ4it=s0-d-e1-ft

TonySmjc

Well-Known Angler
Jan 25, 2020
Highland beach fla at least in my mind
ECOs Johnson and Walraven continued south along the Hudson River to Piermont Pier where they observed an individual throwing a cast net from the bow of a boat. The two fishermen on the boat possessed two young striped bass caught with the cast net. Striped bass can only be legally caught by angling. The ECOs released the fish back into the water and issued the two individuals tickets for taking striped bass by illegal means and fishing without a marine fishing registration.

Explains to me how from this paragraph

they knew anything

I’m not saying they were right
Or they did or didn’t know

but I want you to tell me how u know

they should have known , I agree
They were wrong I agree
The officer were within their rights and the law to ticket them
if they had past violations should have ticket then as they did
And maybe they had past violation
They usually say such things in these type articles

but sans that
The two little bas were alive
Release them educate the ppl and move on no harm no foul

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
Let me rephrase. If they didn't know that cast netting for short bass is illeagle then they shouldn't be fIshing. Do you really think that they just learned how to throw that net that night? They knew exactly what they did was wrong. It's one thing to not understand the laws and it's another to intentionally break them.

CELLFISH

Well-Known Angler
Jan 14, 2019
fishing witout a Marine License tell me they arent aware of things... cellfish...

TonySmjc

Well-Known Angler
Jan 25, 2020
Highland beach fla at least in my mind
Let me rephrase. If they didn't know that cast netting for short bass is illeagle then they shouldn't be fIshing. Do you really think that they just learned how to throw that net that night? They knew exactly what they did was wrong. It's one thing to not understand the laws and it's another to intentionally break them.
We all knowingly break laws
Happens every day
And we don’t always get a summons

why should this be different

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrT