Classic Cars

Leprechaun

Kind of a Big Deal - In My Mind Anyway
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
40 26.470/73 32.350
Does this count? My original 49K mile '72 Big Block, 4spd, black leather gut, A/C, 3.70 gears - full matching numbers, even the A.I.R. anti-pollution system is intact and properly date coded. Frame-on restored it myself, 20 years ago. Been sitting in the garage for the past 8 years - no time/money for both the boat AND a car like this. I'm getting older and one day in the near fairly-near future the boat will have to go - but the Vette will stay with me as long as I live. I look at it as my retirement gift to myself, and I will freshen the resto at that time. It WILL rumble around Seaford once again, that I promised to myself!

6937[1].jpg

Reactions: AllyKat and Chevy1

live bait

Angler
Dec 20, 2018
That's a great car Pete. I had a '66 big block, side pipes Corvette when I was a kid, the key phrase here is "I was a kid" in less that a year I crashed the car. I close friend at the time bought a '67 big block, tri power coupe, that one still sits in his garage.
John

live bait

Angler
Dec 20, 2018
I had a 69 Chevelle with a 327 Small Block. My brother Phil had a 396 69 Chevelle. That was in the day when you could run a car and not worry about a ticket!
Not so sure about the tickets, in 1967 the state decided everyone (except me) would be better off if I was without a license for 6 months. 19/20yr old kid, 425hp corvette, not to hard to connect the dots, guess I'm lucky I'm still here.
John

Last edited:

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
Police were more leinient then. My son is 28 years old and a total motor head. He has. Low mile 2004 Cobra all original. No way can he do like we did go around looking for people to race. They have zero tolerance.

When I married my wife in 86, she had no clue that I didn’t have a license. It took years to track down all of my tickets. I haven’t gotten one since. That’s mainly because I’m on the water instead of the street!

Reactions: jpd

Chevy1

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Islip
Does this count? My original 49K mile '72 Big Block, 4spd, black leather gut, A/C, 3.70 gears - full matching numbers, even the A.I.R. anti-pollution system is intact and properly date coded. Frame-on restored it myself, 20 years ago. Been sitting in the garage for the past 8 years - no time/money for both the boat AND a car like this. I'm getting older and one day in the near future the boat will have to go - but the Vette will stay with me as long as I live. I look at it as my retirement gift to myself, and I will freshen the resto at that time. It WILL rumble around Seaford once again, that I promised to myself!

View attachment 77
I’ve been looking for a vette like yours for months, tons available, but out of my range. I need to buy a nice daily driver that’s comfortable first. Leaning towards a 2014 CTS. When I can afford a toy in the far future it’s going to be a vette or a old Beetle ? yea totally different but I love them both,

jpd

Staff member
Dec 24, 2018
The 86 to mid 2000s corvettes are a bargain right now...there selling cheaply and are soon to be in demand as a collector car...
Yeah they are, but they have electrical gremlins - my dentist had one. He drives an old Honda S2000 now.

Reactions: Chevy1

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Optimum II