components

Capt Richie

Angler
Feb 16, 2019
just want to put this out..there are so many different components on the market today it can make your head spin...unfortunately most of them may look nice but are crap...not made with thought or quality in mind ...

Mudhole aka American Tackle 90 % is crap so is most of what batson aka alps sells.....custom rods building IMO is not about matching reel seats to guide rings or reel colors ...but a custom designed blank not a off the rack one ...with the best components ( fuji ) ( Winthrop ) ( AFTCO Unibutt ) best quality cork select or flor grade not filled with fill & voids,,, top quality grips not cheap EVA..

I do sometimes use other components other than the ones I recommend do to customer pressure...I will always say if it fails dont blame me...I have used thousand of fuji guides & hunderd's or fuji reel seats with a almost zero failure rate..same with WT guides ,Aftco unibutts , top quality cork & winn grips..my custom x-tube grips also...

When someone comes out with a better mouse trap & its proven I will use it..

Capt Richie

Angler
Feb 16, 2019
just put a different brand reel seat on a rod do to customer request...get a text that reel seat you put on my rods isnt any good...LOL I said the one you made me use after I told you not too...

so now I have to cut off the back end of the rod & replace it with a Fuji...and rebuild the back end of the rod...never again...