Coronavirus

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
SWMBO and I had the 2nd booster yesterday. Would have waited for the new and improved version but the cruise in the Med. is in September. Sore shoulder and only when I move it a bit. Lifted some light weights and used stretch bands this morning, some gardening and just got out of the pool after doing my laps. Maybe its a placebo, lol ?! I did skip a wake yesterday though. Too many people came down with the virus early this month and attendees were in that same group. (Death had nothing to do with the virus.)

Edited to add:
Except for a slightly sore shoulder, neither of us had any problem with the second booster. I paddled a couple of miles the second day after the shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: MOJOE and OVERBORED

Avenger

Well-Known Angler

I swear, I want that on my tombstone. Nobody has ever listened to a f'ing thing one I've said. No matter how many times that works to their detriment it's a lesson unlearned.

When I write my autobiography I'm going to title it "Conversations With Sheetrock." Because I'm always talking to the wall.

MOJOE

Staff member
Dec 29, 2018
theres cases here in the lakes of melboune,, no activities in doors at the club house all month,,, inside the club house is getting a clean up,, what the heck i thought it was over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ><)))):>
><))):>

Jaws1948

Angler
Feb 13, 2019
The last few days I've had a bronchitis type problem. Today, it went right to my larynx and accomplished something no one has ever been able to do. It shut me up. Anyway, I went to the doctor and they insisted on doing a COVID test. As I suspected, it came back NEGATIVE. So, as Shakespeare said, "Much ado about nothing. Maureen is correct. It will be over when people decide it's over. In other words, it will never be over.

Reactions: cany

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
Todays Snoozeday/Newsday has a front page article of how the children who caught the virus are getting all sorts of maladies, myocardial infections, diabetes, kidney problems etc., especially those not vaccinated. Studies, doctors' quotes, blah, blah. The last paragraph "admits" that 70% of the children studied were in a Medicaid group, you know, absentee parents, bad diets, asthma, misused food stamps, etc., etc.

• Haha
Reactions: cany and jpd

Rick67

Well-Known Angler
Jan 13, 2019
Smithtown
Todays Snoozeday/Newsday has a front page article of how the children who caught the virus are getting all sorts of maladies, myocardial infections, diabetes, kidney problems etc., especially those not vaccinated. Studies, doctors' quotes, blah, blah. The last paragraph "admits" that 70% of the children studied were in a Medicaid group, you know, absentee parents, bad diets, asthma, misused food stamps, etc., etc.
You actually get a Newsday Paper?

OVERBORED

Well-Known Angler
Jan 6, 2021
Credit to
Credit to you for reading the entire article. Most don't get past the headlines which, as we've learned the last 2 years, can paint a much different picture.

cany

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 20, 2018
NW of Moriches inlet
"Medicaid group" Little profiling there on your part HUH

• Love
Reactions: Roccus7

Chevy1

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Islip
Two friends I sat with at the wedding on Friday came down with Covid this afternoon.
So far the Mrs. And I are fine. She tested negative, I didn’t test yet

• Wow
Reactions: cany