Deadliest Catch

live bait

Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Without anyone from the current seasons lineup in mind, are the Captains with their type of license subject to drug tests? Do they take a drug test when it's time to renew? How often do they renew? Seems like one of the Captains from a few seasons ago made his life style obvious, & continued to sail.

John

Reactions: MOJOE

SoCalFishMan

New Angler
Jan 10, 2019
Watched the "Unfinished Business" episode on Tuesday where they sat and talked to each other about the issues from last year. When Sig sat down with Mandy they discussed the succession of the boat, Edgar wasn't mentioned once I imagine because of his sexual assault of a minor charges.

He was always my favorite but I can't imagine him being on the show this year at all.

live bait

Angler
Dec 20, 2018
I agree with the above. I also think that after getting beat up for over 20yrs on deck, Edgar must have thought all along that he was next in line for "the chair" then along comes Mandy, & where does that leave Edgar. Edgar has to be resentful & pissed at Sig. From recent years I think Sig made it cleAR THat although he may have thought Edgar couild run the boat, he never thought that Edgar could run the business.
John

Reactions: BennyV

SoCalFishMan

New Angler
Jan 10, 2019
I agree with the above. I also think that after getting beat up for over 20yrs on deck, Edgar must have thought all along that he was next in line for "the chair" then along comes Mandy, & where does that leave Edgar. Edgar has to be resentful & pissed at Sig. From recent years I think Sig made it cleAR THat although he may have thought Edgar couild run the boat, he never thought that Edgar could run the business.
John
I know that he had ownership in the boat, his dad passed it on to Sig, Edgar and Norman, they discussed that at some point. I'm sure he still has the ownership but there is no way (nor should they) that Discovery is going to let Edgar be on the show after pleading guilty to sexually assaulting a minor. This gave Sig the easy way to hand the keys to Mandy now.

live bait

Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Interesting to see how much confidence the crew has in Mandy & the level of respect she gets. A short google search revealed that during the King crab season she was pregnant & lost the baby while on the boat. Which begs the question, what the hell is a pregnant girl doing on a crab boat in the bearing sea.
John

Last edited:

flounderjoe

Angler
Mar 7, 2019
Jack you should play that game its pretty good if its the same one my son has it has a anti seasickness feature its that good .Some people mite just get seasick playing it.

Reactions: JackPrintMD