Fish Finder and kissena park

Area: Shinnecock

Bassmaster

Well-Known Angler
May 7, 2019
Today I went to kissena park and caught nothing. I did see a Snapping turtle on the surface that was it. Going to try oakland this winter they have pickerel big crappie and sunnies in there. Going to try stripers before the season ends.

Reactions: WhatKnot

MOJOE

Staff member
Dec 29, 2018
Today I went to kissena park and caught nothing. I did see a Snapping turtle on the surface that was it. Going to try oakland this winter they have pickerel big crappie and sunnies in there. Going to try stripers before the season ends.
lake water temp getting too cold,,,,,,,,,,oakland lake is not to close to you,,, you have to track there to fish,,,,, salt water bass my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ><)))):>
><)))):>

Matts

Angler
Feb 11, 2019
Port Washington
Today I went fishing at Kissena Park and fishing was awesome. I first tried the spot where I caught the crappie and there I caught 3 catfish. Fishing shut down so i went to my normal spot on the other side of the lake and I was getting lots of hits but I couldn't hook up so I changed to a small hook and I caught 20 sunnies then the sunnies stopped biting I found out why I caught a big largemouth bass 2 to 3 lbs. Great day of fishing. Caught 25 fish today. Here are some pics. View attachment 55873View attachment 55874
that picture just brought back memories of catching sunnies in that park 50+ years ago on stale bread.

Bassmaster

Well-Known Angler
May 7, 2019
I went to Kissena park today was an amazing day out was nice and warm. I caught nothing but it was so nice out I just relaxed and enjoyed myself. The problem is the water is crystal clear and there are alot of seagulls looking for a free meal. They are hiding. I am going to stop fishing at kissena and take videos of the wildlife going forward. I hope to go striper fishing before the season ends on the fishfinder. Tight lines.

Reactions: MOJOE

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
njpdlstar