Fish stringer reviews

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
Have been using plastic hook on nylon rope stringers off the kayak all along. However it can be a struggle to pierce even the softer lower jaw of a fluke with even sharp plastic hooks and I want to go back to steel. Any recommendations ? Was looking at this one: Amazon.com : Vbestlife Stainless Steel Fishing Stringer Fish Lock Buckle Durable Pro Chain Stringers with 5 Snap Hook Ropes Fishing Gear Kit Accessory : Sports & Outdoors
(I used to only want the ones with ten hooks so I could have our snapper barbecues but with a limit of 3 I will just be live lining them.)
or this one: Amazon.com : Lazy river road outfitters 550 Paracord 5 Hook Fish Stringer (Green and Black) : Sports & Outdoors

Actually, I just pulled the trigger on the second one. I like that the "hooks" don't have a swivel between them and the main cord. Main cord is a bit short to drag behind the yak but some of my own paracord takes care of that.

Last edited:

Rick67

Well-Known Angler
Jan 13, 2019
Smithtown
On the kayak. The dive stringer can also be used as a stirrup to aid self rescue. You just set the length of parachord from the get go.
Screenshot_20200621-144726.png

Reactions: pequa1

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOBBYBB1949