Fishing Regs

Area: Eastern Sound

Drifter

New Angler
Mar 14, 2020
Do we know what the regulations will be this season or will they remain the same as last year? Hopefully the seabass open early June!

Bassmaster

New Angler
May 7, 2019
Waiting on April 15th to start fishing again. My last trip was Nov 12th last year. I usually fish from april 15th to Dec 15th. Usually the weather plays a role the later in Nov into Dec. Usually after dec 15th I try to get out once for the winter if it's even worth it. For me the weather has to be perfect for me to get out in the winter months

Reactions: MOJOE

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
Waiting on April 15th to start fishing again. My last trip was Nov 12th last year. I usually fish from april 15th to Dec 15th. Usually the weather plays a role the later in Nov into Dec. Usually after dec 15th I try to get out once for the winter if it's even worth it. For me the weather has to be perfect for me to get out in the winter months
Keep us updated and good luck!

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
Thank you. The circle hooks are only for bait. I use diamond jigs for Stripers. could I still use j hooks for jigging bass
Yes. As long as, to quote officials "when fishing for striped bass using part or whole of any marine/aquatic organisms or terrestrial invertebrates as bait." So it sounds like pork grind and Tapioca are good to use!

Bassmaster

New Angler
May 7, 2019
Yes. As long as, to quote officials "when fishing for striped bass using part or whole of any marine/aquatic organisms or terrestrial invertebrates as bait." So it sounds like pork grind and Tapioca are good to use!
I use diamond jigs for everything I don't use any bait at all. I am very good with the jigs and on very productive days I catch between 50 to 100 fish on a trip. Even back in the day I caught 50 or more fluke on a trip, but those days are gone. Now I am lucky if I catch one fluke on a trip with the jig.

Reactions: MOJOE

Staff online

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elrockk