Fluke/Weaks

Area: Fire Island

BAYHAWK

New Angler
Apr 10, 2021
Went out of Lindenhurst at 8:45 a.m. Used buck tails, poison tail teasers with gulp and a single spearing. Started just east of Flynn's Caught a number of short weakfish and saw many others being caught but all shorts. Then fished various locations working my wayback towards the Coast Guard Station. Two short fluke one belly snagged and one sea robin. Don't understand the reports of many keeper fluke, weakfish, but I didn't find them. Returned to dock at 2:30 p.m. Passed 5 party boats sweeping same area didn't see them picking any fluke either.

Chevy1

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Islip
Went out of Lindenhurst at 8:45 a.m. Used buck tails, poison tail teasers with gulp and a single spearing. Started just east of Flynn's Caught a number of short weakfish and saw many others being caught but all shorts. Then fished various locations working my wayback towards the Coast Guard Station. Two short fluke one belly snagged and one sea robin. Don't understand the reports of many keeper fluke, weakfish, but I didn't find them. Returned to dock at 2:30 p.m. Passed 5 party boats sweeping same area didn't see them picking any fluke either.
You know the saying , a bad day of fishing !

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
I went out this morning on the yak in my area. Lost what felt like a 20" plus fluke right away, than lost a smaller one. No tears in the Gulp so they were either hitting way up on the lead head or just mouthing them. Then I shook off a 16 or17" fluke. Not a weak even seen today although I was in a different spot than last Saturday. Two stinkin' robins and I went home.

WhatKnot

Well-Known Angler
May 18, 2019
Astoria
I went out this morning on the yak in my area. Lost what felt like a 20" plus fluke right away, than lost a smaller one. No tears in the Gulp so they were either hitting way up on the lead head or just mouthing them. Then I shook off a 16 or17" fluke. Not a weak even seen today although I was in a different spot than last Saturday. Two stinkin' robins and I went home.
Overall, did you not enjoy yourself. :)

Reactions: george and Chevy1

Members online

Fishing Reports

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Csdep1