Fog Soup Day

Area: Eastern Sound

live bait

Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Cleared the inlet a little before 7 this morning in thick pea soup fog, set a course with a few waypoints I knew would keep the boat far off the beach & away from any known obstructions, at least the sound was flat & very few boats showed on the radar. The farther east I slowly made way the fog got thicker & the radar became clear of any boats. Started looking for bottom structure well short of my intended destination. Two drops later I found life, & was kept busy with mostly shorts, ended the day with one blackfish short of a limit. The fog never lifted in the eastern sound & was still thick when back at the mouth of the inlet at 1:30. I never ever know how captains found their way in the dark of nite & fog "back in the day".
John

MOJOE

Staff member
Dec 29, 2018
livebait 8-),, fog all day,, glad your back safe, and you caught tog to boot (y) , have a good nite,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ><)))):>
><)))):>

Jan 1, 2019
Wasted away in Margaritaville.
Cleared the inlet a little before 7 this morning in thick pea soup fog, set a course with a few waypoints I knew would keep the boat far off the beach & away from any known obstructions, at least the sound was flat & very few boats showed on the radar. The farther east I slowly made way the fog got thicker & the radar became clear of any boats. Started looking for bottom structure well short of my intended destination. Two drops later I found life, & was kept busy with mostly shorts, ended the day with one blackfish short of a limit. The fog never lifted in the eastern sound & was still thick when back at the mouth of the inlet at 1:30. I never ever know how captains found their way in the dark of nite & fog "back in the day".
John
It's been a crazy year so far, and it ain't over yet.

Chinacat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Nice job John.
Not sure if you saw the report but Me and my Dad fished with Capt Mike on the Captains Table on Monday and had a great day. Would have been even better if my son could have joined us but he had other obligations that day...

live bait

Angler
Dec 20, 2018
I did see that report, wind, tides, & numbers, Capt Mike has this place figured out. I got a long, long, , way to go to try & catch up. I was also out on that Monday, & saw his boat go by, didn't know you were aboard.
John

Reactions: Chinacat

chunkster

Well-Known Angler
Aug 6, 2020
Never talk to strangers.

I noticed a young gentleman fishing in the bay with a kayak
He was complaining about the fog.
HHHMMMM ! ! !

FOG HORN - LONG HORN

Staff online

Members online