Fresh Fish but Not For Dinner

Area: North Fork

live bait

Well-Known Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Got out early enough this morning to head for the north side of Plum Island before the tide got too strong. Lots of sea bass life, but mostly last years keepers. I managed two solid 18" fish , & decided to head for the Gut to see if it's really possible to deck a striper in August after a heat wave. To my suprise I fornd two bass willing to take my offering, one just under the slot, returned, & a nice 32" bass which I kept for the table. I thought me biggest decision was what to have for dinner, sea bass or striper. After getting cleaned up I was informed by my bride that since our Grandson is heading back to college in a week or so, this evening I get to drive to Happauge & take the family out to dinner......John

captmike28

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Southold, NY
www.captainstablecharters.com
Hi John,
If you saw my report from last Friday then it is true, with a little extra effort there are some Bass around even daytime in August...at least this year. I am really hoping that this occurrence, along with the outstanding spring action we saw, that we will actually have a decent run this fall on the North Fork.

The Sea Bass in the Sound are getting larger by the day. Give it another week or two for more reliable catches of keepers.

Good luck,
Capt Mike

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccny73