Funny 1ft or less

Area: Mid Sound

Hunter704

Angler
Jul 14, 2019
Headed out the morning with a boat full of crabs hoping for a good day of black fishing marine forecast S/W 5 to 10 and 1ft or less, I’m starting to think there one foot means 2 to 3 with a few 4 thrown in the mix Few small sea bass and blacks did get two for the table. Stay safe everyone

poorrichard

New Angler
Jan 17, 2019
The weatherman really got this one wrong!! It was hard east coming right down the sound. Fished outside Port Jeff due to limited options thanks to the weather folks. Picked some small blackfish. One keeper that went back. Some small to large sea bass and a few porgies. Lots of Bunker schools heading west. Nothing on them they were not being rushed at all. Albies were popping up and down

One issue of concern were large boats flying through the fleet of anchored boats. One threw a large wake and my anchor pulled out. . With all the empty space this time of year why go full speed, throwing a five foot wake through a fleet of anchored boats.

Safety first at all times!

MOJOE

Staff member
Dec 29, 2018
The weatherman really got this one wrong!! It was hard east coming right down the sound. Fished outside Port Jeff due to limited options thanks to the weather folks. Picked some small blackfish. One keeper that went back. Some small to large sea bass and a few porgies. Lots of Bunker schools heading west. Nothing on them they were not being rushed at all. Albies were popping up and down

One issue of concern were large boats flying through the fleet of anchored boats. One threw a large wake and my anchor pulled out. . With all the empty space this time of year why go full speed, throwing a five foot wake through a fleet of anchored boats.

thanks for the report,,,,poorrichard,,,, azzes,, you know that,,, di-cks,,,,,,,,,, ><))):>
><))):>

Hunter704

Angler
Jul 14, 2019

As if we’re not getting knocked around from a botched forecast you get those Dingaling‘s coming flying through

Kayman

New Angler
Jan 31, 2020

these guys put on auto pilot and don't pay attention.

Jillybird

New Angler
Apr 10, 2019
these guys put on auto pilot and don't pay attention.
Agreed. These guys are likely running west from Montauk or points east on autopilot following their GPS route and you just happen to be in their way. When I run, I try to set my route to avoid fishing grounds like the Middle Grounds or the Triangle so I don't have this issue.

Kayman

New Angler
Jan 31, 2020
There should be more considerate boaters like you, stay safe.
By the way weren't you one of the victims of the rods being stolen?
Did they catch those low lives?

Jillybird

New Angler
Apr 10, 2019
There should be more considerate boaters like you, stay safe.
By the way weren't you one of the victims of the rods being stolen?
Did they catch those low lives?
I was one of the fools who left five rods in my rocket launchers. At least they weren’t my expensive offshore ones. To my knowledge, the crooks haven’t been caught - yet. I suspect it was a local job. Maybe one night at one of the bars someone will start talking.

Tigashrk

Angler
Mar 3, 2019
Jillybird what kind of person do you think works on a dragger?
A. A toothless felon?
B. A Harvard graduate?
C. A person hiding from the law?
D. Answers A&C?
E. All of the above?

Staff online

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member