Giant bass on the fishfinder

Area: Fire Island

Bassmaster

Angler
May 7, 2019
Today I went on the fishfinder and it was the best day of striper fishing in my lifetime. 3 over slot bass to 35 lbs or higher. Had a 40 inch bass a 32 lb bass and a 35 lb bass. Clam chumming. I also had a short fluke and a skate. There was 3 weakfish on the boat and one slot striper can't wait for my next trip.
20211013_154101.jpg20211013_142453.jpg

MOJOE

Staff member
Dec 29, 2018
capt some very nice bass there,, glad you had a great day,,,3(y)(y)(y)s up to you,,,, stay well,, talk soon,, maureen said WOW!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ><)))):>
><)))):>

Reactions: george

PeterP

Angler
May 6, 2020
Wow awesome day! nice catch. And here I was thinking that there were no bass around. Where were you guys chumming? I saw the fishfinder come out on my way in from the wrecks but you guys were drifting the inlet it looked like.

Bassmaster

Angler
May 7, 2019
Wow awesome day! nice catch. And here I was thinking that there were no bass around. Where were you guys chumming? I saw the fishfinder come out on my way in from the wrecks but you guys were drifting the inlet it looked like.
Yes clam chumming. How did you do on the wrecks. There was only one slot fish on the boat rest were over slot smallest bass I had was 41 inches just guessing on the size we didn't weigh any just took a quick pic and released it

PeterP

Angler
May 6, 2020
Yes clam chumming. How did you do on the wrecks. There was only one slot fish on the boat rest were over slot smallest bass I had was 41 inches just guessing on the size we didn't weigh any just took a quick pic and released it
Very nice. We ran to the San Diego to anchor up and see what kind of blackfish life was there before opening. Was a slow but steady pick. Lot of small seabass. I might wait a bit for tog. The 15-20 mile wrecks have been good for me with larger seabass. Think I'm heading that way tomorrow. Or maybe chum for bass on the west bar. Not sure, price of clam bellies is getting a bit silly.

Reactions: MOJOE

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrT