Giant striped bass

Area: Fire Island

Bassmaster

New Angler
May 7, 2019
Today me and my dad went fishing on the Laura Lee and it was epic. Bass breaking on top it was incredible. I had my 35 inch slot fish and my dad had a 40 plus pound striper. We both had stripers that broke the line. I couldn’t move the fish it was ripping drag and eventually the line broke. Same with my dad. Can only imagine how big both these bass were. We caught our fish on the 6 ounce hammered gold jigs. There had to be one or two bass that were 50 lbs or better. Also no shorts on the boat all fish were slot fish or over slot. Huge pile of bass. Several bass 40 to 45 lbs or higher. I was planing on doing an afternoon trip but the wind and waves would of made it very uncomfortable to fish. Once the Laura Lee posts pics from today’s trip I will add it to this report. 8 slot bass and the rest were over slot and no shorts. There were a couple of sea robins and a few spiny dogs as a bycatch. Looking forward to my next trip Tight lines

Attachments

• 13ADE43E-C6FD-4CDB-BDE9-62061D60A762.jpeg
    13ADE43E-C6FD-4CDB-BDE9-62061D60A762.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 1DEA3C25-91D2-45FA-A841-AD16A5A5254D.jpeg
    1DEA3C25-91D2-45FA-A841-AD16A5A5254D.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 19

MOJOE

Staff member
Dec 29, 2018
Today me and my dad went fishing on the Laura Lee and it was epic. Bass breaking on top it was incredible. I had my 35 inch slot fish and my dad had a 40 plus pound striper. We both had stripers that broke the line. I couldn’t move the fish it was ripping drag and eventually the line broke. Same with my dad. Can only imagine how big both these bass were. We caught our fish on the 6 ounce hammered gold jigs. There had to be one or two bass that were 50 lbs or better. Also no shorts on the boat all fish were slot fish or over slot. Huge pile of bass. Several bass 40 to 45 lbs or higher. I was planing on doing an afternoon trip but the wind and waves would of made it very uncomfortable to fish. Once the Laura Lee posts pics from today’s trip I will add it to this report. 8 slot bass and the rest were over slot and no shorts. There were a couple of sea robins and a few spiny dogs as a bycatch. Looking forward to my next trip Tight lines
nice bass capt thomas 8-) (y) ,, great you and your father got out and did good,,, yes it was windy today🌬️,,, great report ,,keep the reports comming will be looking for them,,, ><))):>
><))):>

Reactions: Bassmaster

Bassmaster

New Angler
May 7, 2019
nice bass capt thomas 8-) (y) ,, great you and your father got out and did good,,, yes it was windy today🌬️,,, great report ,,keep the reports comming will be looking for them,,, ><))):>
><))):>
This weekend is blown away see if there is a window next week to get out

Reactions: MOJOE

Members online

No members online now.

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnachak