Gulp Eels

tjd2320

New Angler
Apr 26, 2020
Has anyone tried Gulp Eels for stripers?
Wondering if I should pick up a few packs in case we want to try a drift for bass.

tjd2320

New Angler
Apr 26, 2020
Live Eels are $2.50 each near me. That's pretty expensive, too.
My question was do they work?

tjd2320

New Angler
Apr 26, 2020
I've seen them in tackle shops and on the Berkeley website for over 5 years.
Since Gulp products have gotten so "soft" lately, I'm hesitant to purchase these lures.

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
I've seen them in tackle shops and on the Berkeley website for over 5 years.
Since Gulp products have gotten so "soft" lately, I'm hesitant to purchase these lures.
I've never used them, but if I were you I'd give them a try with confidence. I have seen more species grab gulp baits, including striped bass on a bucktail targeting fluke. Not to mention a brown shark last week! They are devastating on a fluke so why not bass? I have tried their sandworms but they were much less successful than the real thing. I think they're making them too small. But the eel looks pretty good.

Now I'm going to have to buy some. I have a gulp problem.

1600270945968.png
1600270993407.png

tjd2320

New Angler
Apr 26, 2020
You're not alone.
Can't pass a Gulp display in a store.
It's like a magnet......

I'm going to get some eels and give them a shot.

Reactions: george
Jan 1, 2019
Wasted away in Margaritaville.
I've never used them, but if I were you I'd give them a try with confidence. I have seen more species grab gulp baits, including striped bass on a bucktail targeting fluke. Not to mention a brown shark last week! They are devastating on a fluke so why not bass? I have tried their sandworms but they were much less successful than the real thing. I think they're making them too small. But the eel looks pretty good.

Now I'm going to have to buy some. I have a gulp problem.

View attachment 24794
View attachment 24795
I hear ya George, I'm gonna have to post pics of the 9/ 48 oz containers I have full of gulp, My wife thought I was buying bags of candy. I said yes it's candy for Fluke, lol.
Oh by the way, I have tried the Eels, they work on fluke , but I never caught a bass on them, blues will definitely love them, they certainly love my grubs.

Staff online

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamesjcurryjr