Gulp Talk

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
I've been using gulp 4" mullets on bucktails with pretty good success. I bought some 5" mullets, this year, and the few times I've found fish the 5" seemed to be the choice.

So now I have 3 color gulp in 3 different sizes. I've kept all of the liquids in a waterproof container and I'd like to just keep them all in there. My concern is that the colors will bleed into the gulp juice and change the colors of the bait. But keeping them all in one container would be easier.

Also, for the area I fish - Smithtown Bay and surrounding - the 6" grubs haven't produced a strike.

longcast

New Angler
Mar 7, 2019
George,

I do not have the answer to that question, but can I ask one of you? Where did you get the waterproof containers for your GULP? Thank you.

WhatKnot

New Angler
May 18, 2019
I use to keep them all in one container and don’t recall any bleeding. You can always experiment with just a few in a single container.

PaulF150

New Angler
Mar 6, 2019
I've kept all my gulp in a large water tight plano container and have never had the colors bleed. Some claimed the salmon color was prone to color bleed but mine has not. Everytime I open a new pack i just dump the whole pack into the container including the juice. I have everything from grubs, mullets, sand eels and shrimp in every size and color ever produced all sitting in the juice which has now turned brown and they still produce just as well as ones fresh out of the pack.

Double Trouble

New Angler
Mar 4, 2019
I've been using gulp 4" mullets on bucktails with pretty good success. I bought some 5" mullets, this year, and the few times I've found fish the 5" seemed to be the choice.

So now I have 3 color gulp in 3 different sizes. I've kept all of the liquids in a waterproof container and I'd like to just keep them all in there. My concern is that the colors will bleed into the gulp juice and change the colors of the bait. But keeping them all in one container would be easier.

Also, for the area I fish - Smithtown Bay and surrounding - the 6" grubs haven't produced a strike.
I have been using these for a few years and they are very good no leaks.Get the plastic ones.I get mine in Stop and Shop.

www.snapware.com

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
I've kept all my gulp in a large water tight plano container and have never had the colors bleed. Some claimed the salmon color was prone to color bleed but mine has not. Everytime I open a new pack i just dump the whole pack into the container including the juice. I have everything from grubs, mullets, sand eels and shrimp in every size and color ever produced all sitting in the juice which has now turned brown and they still produce just as well as ones fresh out of the pack.
I too keep mine in a plano container and mine too has turned brown. I like having a large opening, to dunk - or as they say now - "recharge" every few drops.

How do you like the sand eels? One of our members was recommending them. I'm not sure why I'm asking because I'm going to get some anyhow.

PaulF150

New Angler
Mar 6, 2019
I too keep mine in a plano container and mine too has turned brown. I like having a large opening, to dunk - or as they say now - "recharge" every few drops.

How do you like the sand eels? One of our members was recommending them. I'm not sure why I'm asking because I'm going to get some anyhow.
Hi George, the Plano container I have is a dry storage container I believe and has a huge top which opens and uses latches to secure the top down. I usually drop my bucktails back in the container between drifts and it’s not a problem. The sand eels are a good option, I usually use them as a teaser on a baitholder hook in the bays and inlets. They also hold up quiet well which is a surprise for a gulp product.

Reactions: george

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gep347