How do you store your gulp?

Leprechaun

Kind of a Big Deal - In My Mind Anyway
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
40 26.470/73 32.350
Still using the same Snapware containers from my original post on the subject.

Go to Amazon.com and put “Snapware flip top jar” into the search engine.

You’re welcome!

holty

New Angler
Dec 20, 2018
LowGear, your container looks like a winner. I saw the thread on the Snapware containers a few years back and picked up two. They work well but I can't get my fat hand into them to pick a Gulp from the bottom. Also, It will be easier to drop the rigs into your container while motoring up for the next drift to get 'juiced' up.

regards Holty

Reactions: george

HighHook4Hire

New Angler
Aug 19, 2019
Pa, fish nj + regional trips
I use the Rubbermaid Brilliance containers in different sizes. I keep them all in a plastic tub (in case of overflow/spillage) inside the TW soft bag they give at Edison show. Works pretty well and easy to clean if I get some drips. The lids do "carry" juice when you take them off but the containment vessel makes it not such a big issue. I don't want to stick my whole arm in the gulp container to get the last of a color that will most certainly be at the bottom of the deep jars that many use, so this has been my solution to that inevitability.

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
I swear by (and sometimes at) FaceBook. I have yet to find anything better for me on the kayak than the little Plano containers I posted previously. Mine haven't leaked and can't tip over, but I do admit that I get that stink on my fingers fishing around trying to find the "color of the day."

Reactions: MOJOE

Snapprhead27

Well-Known Angler
May 21, 2020
Islip
Matt, that is a very interesting and apparently practical container for storing/sifting through Gulp baits. Who makes this verson?
Be sure to bring it along if we ever get the lighter winds and our chosen charter date to line up!
O I planned on bringing it. Fingers crossed the wind holds up! Here is the link.

LOCK & LOCK HPL933BT Pickle Container https://a.co/d/9mNv44l

Leprechaun

Kind of a Big Deal - In My Mind Anyway
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
40 26.470/73 32.350
So my two new "SH27 Specials" arrived today, and I wasted no time sashaying down to the boat to load them up. Umm, slight issue - they are almost exactly half the size of the Snapware containers I am using now. It took BOTH of the new ones, fully loaded to hold what one of the Snapware container held. You'da thought I would have caught that, knowing that the Snapwares are like 2.5L, but I didn't.

Not a major issue for most "normal" users of GULP!, but not me, of course! Because the fishies on "my grounds" can often show a marked preference for a specific color woim, and also because of the normal Summertime infestation of bait-tearing pin biscuits and small ling, I need to carry multiples of each color, so to stay in the game on a hot bite. I was greatly embarrassed on a recent trip - having to borrow a Pink Shine or two from Capt. Mike - which debt I need to repay this weekend. I just flat ran out of the ONE color they were really keying on. Its just the way it is sometimes. Such is the life . . .

Anywho, I will give these new containers a good try-out these next few trips, and we'll see how it goes. Meantime, my searches on Amazon and other places haven't as yet turned up similar pickle containers that are both larger in size and relatively leak-proof.

The mission continues. . .

IMG_3880 (1).jpg

IMG_3880 (2).jpg

Reactions: Snapprhead27

Snapprhead27

Well-Known Angler
May 21, 2020
Islip
So my two new "SH27 Specials" arrived today, and I wasted no time sashaying down to the boat to load them up. Umm, slight issue - they are almost exactly half the size of the Snapware containers I am using now. It took BOTH of the new ones, fully loaded to hold what one of the Snapware container held. You'da thought I would have caught that, knowing that the Snapwares are like 2.5L, but I didn't.

Not a major issue for most "normal" users of GULP!, but not me, of course! Because the fishies on "my grounds" can often show a marked preference for a specific color woim, and also because of the normal Summertime infestation of bait-tearing pin biscuits and small ling, I need to carry multiples of each color, so to stay in the game on a hot bite. I was greatly embarrassed on a recent trip - having to borrow a Pink Shine or two from Capt. Mike - which debt I need to repay this weekend. I just flat ran out of the ONE color they were really keying on. Its just the way it is sometimes. Such is the life . . .

Anywho, I will give these new containers a good try-out these next few trips, and we'll see how it goes. Meantime, my searches on Amazon and other places haven't as yet turned up similar pickle containers that are both larger in size and relatively leak-proof.

The mission continues. . .

View attachment 52714

View attachment 52715
I didn't look to see if there was bigger sizes in this container. I have only been out 3 times this year. Hardly enough to really give this a go and see how they hold up.

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccny73