I I I I

Area: Western Sound

AllyKat

Angler
Dec 25, 2018
I I I I
Gave it another shot on saturday morning. Had my neighbor and John "Fish4Me" with me to see what was still around. Always a pleasure to have any of the amigo's aboard to rehash and laugh over old shananigans, as well as making new memories.
Expected a West wind 5-10 for the am. Broke the inlet at 7:15 and the Sound was whipped up with WSW 15...whitecaps and gusty conditions. Not terrible, but not what we were expecting.
Found a somewhat protected piece in 40 ft and put the spot lock to work. Instant action from the first crab. Pecks and, pulls turned into tugs with shorts early on, but within the first half hour, we had a keeper on board.
With the wind occasionally building, we decided to scrap any plans of hunting different spots, and our patience paid off with keeper 2 and 3 hitting the deck in short order.
We kept at it until 11 am, but we just couldn't land any other big fish, but we had constant action the entire time. Called it a day as we ran out of our 1/4 bushel of greens from Cow Harbor.
Water temps dropped from 58 degs last weekend to 52 on saturday. I would imagine it will be under 50 by next weekend. Hopefully get one more chance.

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
njpdlstar