I just had to throw this out there . . .

CELLFISH

Well-Known Angler
Jan 14, 2019
what they bill the insurance co, is usually not what the final cost is, any good to know the Prez of NYA is good to go... cellie...

Reactions: george

movetheboat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 29, 2018
Needs a total overhaul...but the folks on the receiving end of those bills are very powerful

Reactions: george

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
So after a short stint in the hospital, we're talking 28 hours. Everything is fine but the cost almost landed me right back in. Luckily I pay through the nose for good coverage, but this is nuts. This is what the charge was.

View attachment 16073
You're lucky, if they really want to give you a heart attack, you would have seen the first pass bill they sent to the insurance company. I bet it would have been close to twice that, but insurance companies fight back, saying they'll only pay "X" for things. You should be glad that your insurance company negotiated so well that it only means you're paying $150!!

Reactions: Chevy1

Old Mud

Well-Known Angler
Dec 31, 2018
On this side of the lawn
Well that sounds about right to me George. ;)

After my hiccup and spending 22 days in ICU the pile of bills are almost 3" high. Ok so i started adding those up and stopped at about 2" and WAY over $260.000. I will never add up the rest. Thankfully im only going to die with a little debt.

Disclaimer: I will have to live to 135 years for that to happen. :eek: ;)

PropellerJohnII

Staff member
Dec 21, 2018
LNB
So after a short stint in the hospital, we're talking 28 hours. Everything is fine but the cost almost landed me right back in. Luckily I pay through the nose for good coverage, but this is nuts. This is what the charge was.

View attachment 16073
Medical expense way out of control in our country. Lucky for you that you have great insurance.

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
We all need to pray that "Medicare for All" will not become a reality. Having worked for the Social Security Administration when I started in gubmint, and since I turned 65 a few years back, I know how bad it would be and anyone who thinks differently needs to do some unbiased research. Fortunately I now have Medicare A and B, opted to keep paying premiums for Blue Cross Blue Shield and a dental plan, and Tricare for Life. My wife and I haven't paid a co-pay or deductible since hitting 65 but the premiums along with uncovered dental bills allowed me to itemize on my taxes until just this past year when I had little in the way of dental problems, (finally.)

Reactions: Chevy1 and Avenger

MakoMike

Angler
Dec 30, 2018
Wait until next year when they have to tell you what the insurance company really pays. Notice on that bill it doesn't say what the insurance Paid, only what they allowed. I'll wager they didn't have to pay 10% of that total. Its a big scam they hospitals and insurance companies have going, to convince people that they need insurance otherwise they have to pay these atrocious bills if they get sick. Next year, unless the insurance companies win in court, they will have to tell you hat they actually pay, which I'kk wager will be a very small fraction of what the hospital shows on their bills.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chefvin