I need your help

MakoMike

Angler
Dec 30, 2018
I need your help.
I have been nominated for a seat on the New England Fishery management Council and I need your support. As you know the NEFMC is dominated by commercial fishing interests and I hope that you all would like to see a recreational fisherman appointed to the council. You can write Gov Ned Lamont and ask him to forward my application as the preferred candidate by filling out the form here; Email Governor Lamont with a copy to Matthew Gates at matthew.gates@ct.gov and a hard copy to the Secretary of Commerce at the U.S. Department of Commerce, 1401 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington DC 20230
Thank you in advance.

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your email correspondence to Governor Lamont. Your email has been received and will be reviewed to determine if any further action is needed. If appropriate, a member of Governor Lamont's staff will respond to you directly or contact the appropriate state agency on your behalf. If you are in need of more immediate assistance, please feel free to call our office at 860.566.4840 or 1.800.406.1527, Monday-Friday between the hours of 9AM and 5:00PM.

Thank you for contacting our office.

Office of Governor Ned Lamont

Reactions: MakoMike

BennyV

Staff member
Dec 21, 2018
City Island, The Bronx
I need your help.
I have been nominated for a seat on the New England Fishery management Council and I need your support. As you know the NEFMC is dominated by commercial fishing interests and I hope that you all would like to see a recreational fisherman appointed to the council. You can write Gov Ned Lamont and ask him to forward my application as the preferred candidate by filling out the form here; Email Governor Lamont with a copy to Matthew Gates at matthew.gates@ct.gov and a hard copy to the Secretary of Commerce at the U.S. Department of Commerce, 1401 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington DC 20230
Thank you in advance.
I’ll send these today Mike. Hope all is well!

Reactions: MakoMike

dsedy

Angler
Jan 31, 2019
Here you go Mike....I sent this through the Governors online portal.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dear Mr. Governor Lamont -

Thank you for your commitment to Fisheries Management In the Northeast.

I would like to formally recommend, for your consideration, Mr. Michael Plaia for the position to a seat on the New England Fishery Management Council.

I have known Mike for the past 12 years as a passionate steward in terms of fisheries governance, and oversight; both in a recreational fishing and commercial fishing capacity.

Mike is a steward of the sea. He has always represented each groups interest with sound science, including fairness and a voice to all stakeholders.

All told, Mike is a passionate person dedicated to a sustainable fishery environment; for this generation and the future generations.

I believe he will be an asset to the NE Fisheries Management Council.

If you have any questions, please contact me anytime.

Respectfully,

Don Sedy
Contact info

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiwi9911