Inflation and how you beat it.

Pangaroo

Angler
Jan 15, 2021
I noticed prices have gone up pretty fast at Walmart . Soda went from 60 cents a bottle to 88 cents, Walmart Brand Tortilla chips from $1.25 for a large bag to $1.94. If it wasn't for food, I would hardly shop at Walmart. It's getting expensive there. I go to Dollar Tree and it's still a $1.00 there. 28 Gallon Plastic Storage Totes have doubled in price. For a long time you could buy those Totes with a yellow lid for less than $8 and now it's over $15 . That's the biggest increase I've seen shopping. Didn't notice any price reductions when demand was way down last year.
And if you want free food , free furniture , weekly specials, go to Ocean State Job Lot and buy all the stuff I mentioned and they give you gift cards for you to use in the future. You could buy a Sofa Bed there for $800.00 and they give you an $800 gift card you can use to buy anything you want. They have a table with free food - 5 pound Tuna fish cans, stuffing, 1 pound bags of Nuts, Chocolate , Potato Chips and new stuff every week . you buy it, they give you a gift card. If you buy a new house and have to furnish it, head to Ocean State Job Lot and buy there. You won't regret it. Best friggen store ever. Take a look at the ship to Store Items they have and you'd be amazed.

Last edited:

OVERBORED

Angler
Jan 6, 2021
The worst is yet to come. Oil prices are going up and gas prices are expected to hit 7 year highs!

Pray for a warm winter otherwise....well..... Things will get expensive.

Reactions: MOJOE and longcast

Capt Richie

Well-Known Angler
Feb 16, 2019
don't understand why oil/gas prices are going up..tankers stacked up like cord wood in the ocean & channel ..two many to even count the other day...

Natural Gas prices going to sky rocket now that the EU is shutting down nuke power & going to LNG...

CA is making a new law to stop the use of small gas motors & giving tax breaks to people buying elect, cars..

Build more windmills & solar panels !!!!My daughters boyfriend working seven days a week eighty hours a week in solar..

OVERBORED

Angler
Jan 6, 2021
It's called speculation.

It's why comodities have always been volatile. Volatility makes money for speculators.

Pangaroo

Angler
Jan 15, 2021
Other than oil and gas going down in 2020, I didn't notice the other prices going down. Seems they only go up and they call it supply and demand. Thank Goodness for Dollar Tree .
Be Careful when dealing with Insurance Co's after an accident totals your car. They'll give you the Kelly Blue Book Value ( written by car dealers and the insurance Co's to cheat us) and you'll have to pay the true replacement cost to replace your car. I see 2017 Kia Sedona's with 45,000 - 50,000 miles around $23,000 on Carvarna , my vehicle has around 50,000 miles and I'd get $12,000 from the insurance Co. if it was totaled and I'd have to pay $11,000 extra to replace it. So think about that when you're dealing with the Insurance Co.

Reactions: Fluke Whisperer

Capt Richie

Well-Known Angler
Feb 16, 2019
Other than oil and gas going down in 2020, I didn't notice the other prices going down. Seems they only go up and they call it supply and demand. Thank Goodness for Dollar Tree .
Be Careful when dealing with Insurance Co's after an accident totals your car. They'll give you the Kelly Blue Book Value ( written by car dealers and the insurance Co's to cheat us) and you'll have to pay the true replacement cost to replace your car. I see 2017 Kia Sedona's with 45,000 - 50,000 miles around $23,000 on Carvarna , my vehicle has around 50,000 miles and I'd get $12,000 from the insurance Co. if it was totaled and I'd have to pay $11,000 extra to replace it. So think about that when you're dealing with the Insurance Co.
its called capitalism

You have the right to have your car fixed, the insurance companies like to totals cars because the payout is cheaper than having it fixed.
4 yrs ago I got hit from behind by an 18 wheeler while at a complete stop, it was labor day and traffic was bumper to bumper, I was boxed in between 2 18's , the 18 wheeler in from of me moved about 20 feet but I stayed because 20 feet is all that you were gaining, the ahole behind me saw the trailer in front of him move but never looked down to see if I had moved, he slammed me so hard that the ash tray came flying out of the dash, the moon roof shade flew open and I was driven so hard into my seat that I passed out, my wife was hysterical, I came to and she was crying, she said I thought you were dead, well I ended up in Yale New Haven, spent the night, the back end of my truck was all smashed in, mind you my truck an 05 tundra limited with 20k original miles that looked like it just came out of the show room, was going to be totaled by the insurance company, I told them no way in hell are you totaling my truck, your just assuming my truck because of it's age was a rusted out shit box, well think again, they sent an adjuster down to the body shop where they towed my truck, he took one look at it and told the shop to fix it, in the mean time I got a lawyer and sued the trucker who hit me, he told the cops that I slammed on my brakes and that's why he hit me, the state trooper told him in ct. you hit someone in the rear it's your at fault, gave him a ticket and 2 yrs later I settled a for nice little chunk of change.
And my truck, well you be the judge, by the way it now has 45k on it.

Attachments

• 20210522_115327.jpg
    20210522_115327.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 9

movetheboat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 29, 2018
Insurance Co's should give you the cost to replace your vehicle. Kelly Blue Book is a scam.
when I do a trade in and cite kelly to the dealer for that price the answer I got was that it's a consumer driven site and not the real trade in value, of course they want to low ball you......

SOME ins co will give you the price you paid if you total it in the first year

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrT