Jones Inlet Dredging Project

Capt Richie

Well-Known Angler
Feb 16, 2019
Sea dog creek isn't Jones inlet..its a small creek that takes you around the low bridge that party & larger boats don't fit under .

WhatKnot

Well-Known Angler
May 18, 2019
Astoria
Seadog where it meets with Reynolds was always ‘interesting’ especially when you were sharing with a head boat. Had to kick up some mud on occasion.

Reactions: Capt Richie

Aquarius

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Woodcleft Canal, Freeport, New York
Too bad that is not the news we have been waiting for. According to the Local Notice to Mariners, they just shifted one of the buoys at the south end of Sea Dog to readjust the channel. The party boats have some trouble getting through there at dead low water. The north end where it meets Long Creek is also really bad. I wonder if they will dredge both areas.

No mention of when this will start or what they will do with the spoils. The town bought a small cutter suction dredge that they were using to bury seaweed along Point Lookout beach a few years back. I wonder if they will take on the project themselves or contract it out.

Bassknuckles

Angler
Jan 15, 2019
The creek runs parallel to the loop parkway on the west side from I believe the Fundy bridge (that brings you to Merrick Bay) to Reynolds Channel. It is real bad just south of the draw bridge toward Reynolds. I thought they dredged that area a few years ago and made it worse with that shoal.

Pangaroo

Angler
Jan 15, 2021
There was a fantastic flounder spot back in the 70's and 80's at the Southern End of Sea Dog Creek, an old bay house remains were on the marsh and marked the spot. Nice deep hole where you could catch lots of flounder in early October.

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nisa1823