KING FISH, 2021..

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
No finer dining. 3 or 4 years ago I took one home that had its tail bit off when we were in the middle of a brief bluefish blitz off an open beach. Had forgotten just how good they taste ! Don't think they made it to my backbay area yet as I have had very little in the way of bait stealers and bite offs from blowfish or small snappers as yet (knock wood). However, I did hear rumors of peanuts and tiny snappers and have seen tiny white somethings jump out of the water when I reel in my buck and teaser. In 2 weeks I suspect I might start looking for snappers to liveline although the Gulp has been good so far. What are you using for bait for the kingfish ?

CELLFISH

Well-Known Angler
Jan 14, 2019
No finer dining. 3 or 4 years ago I took one home that had its tail bit off when we were in the middle of a brief bluefish blitz off an open beach. Had forgotten just how good they taste ! Don't think they made it to my backbay area yet as I have had very little in the way of bait stealers and bite offs from blowfish or small snappers as yet (knock wood). However, I did hear rumors of peanuts and tiny snappers and have seen tiny white somethings jump out of the water when I reel in my buck and teaser. In 2 weeks I suspect I might start looking for snappers to liveline although the Gulp has been good so far. What are you using for bait for the kingfish ?

Peq, I’m looking for pieces of salted clams and maybe dig for some Sandfleas too… so the time line is right now, to chance at beach ( midsummer tru… cellfish…

Members online

No members online now.

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nisa1823