Lake question

Flukinit

Angler
Dec 19, 2018
Ok I dont know the name of it but there used to be a big pond or lake on the south side of Sunrise Highway going east right past the old Grumman building right before Oakdake and the Montauk Hwy exit. Passing by past several months it is dry with only a small stream passing in it. Anyone know what happened to it? Thanks

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
It is (or was) called West Brook Pond and is seemingly fed by the pond on the opposite side of Sunrise, presumably by a stream running underneath maybe from Connetquot ? I drive past that area to go hunting but it being dark, never saw it. Obviously, Connetquot just a half mile east is still there. Deer Lake north of the S State in Islip (?) dried up some years back too.
Is West Brook Pond truly dry or just infested with invasive weeds that people dump from unwanted fish aquariums etc.?
Ah Ha !
All we needed was the name !

Reactions: Chevy1

Louis D

New Angler
Jan 30, 2019
The fisherman had a couple of articles on it . A dam broke. They were going to fix it but the environment whackos got involved saying let it go back to nature so now there fighting over it

longcast

Angler
Mar 7, 2019
The fisherman had a couple of articles on it . A dam broke. They were going to fix it but the environment whackos got involved saying let it go back to nature so now there fighting over it
Nah, just living in New York. Nothing, and I mean nothing, can get done. Please make sure you are up to date on your taxes! You know they are well spent! (n)

cany

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 20, 2018
NW of Moriches inlet
It is (or was) called West Brook Pond and is seemingly fed by the pond on the opposite side of Sunrise, presumably by a stream running underneath maybe from Connetquot ? I drive past that area to go hunting but it being dark, never saw it. Obviously, Connetquot just a half mile east is still there. Deer Lake north of the S State in Islip (?) dried up some years back too.
Is West Brook Pond truly dry or just infested with invasive weeds that people dump from unwanted fish aquariums etc.?
Ah Ha !
All we needed was the name !
Wow I didnt know Deer lake dried up I grew up there many good times on that frozen lake

Reactions: Chevy1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yun