Lucky kid

Area: Fire Island

Chevy1

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Islip
I was at the old Oak Beach Inn parking lot and as I was walking through the car show I look up at the pier and see someone with a bent rod and fighting something of good size. I could see this person asking fellow NYANGLERS how to get the fish on the pier. Well they lifted the fish over the railing and it was a big ass fluke. I can’t believe the rod handled this fish and didn’t break.
On the way home I see a Captree party boat fishing 100 feet from there berth. I feel bad for the party boats boat I can’t pay that kind of money to fish on a boat to fish the same waters I can from shore.

Hunter704

Angler
Jul 14, 2019
I was at the old Oak Beach Inn parking lot and as I was walking through the car show I look up at the pier and see someone with a bent rod and fighting something of good size. I could see this person asking fellow NYANGLERS how to get the fish on the pier. Well they lifted the fish over the railing and it was a big ass fluke. I can’t believe the rod handled this fish and didn’t break.
On the way home I see a Captree party boat fishing 100 feet from there berth. I feel bad for the party boats boat I can’t pay that kind of money to fish on a boat to fish the same waters I can from shore.

Hunter704

Angler
Jul 14, 2019
I took a ride the morning myself and notice the same thing they are fishing west of the draw bridge up to cedar marina, they are always there the beginning of the season, think most of the reason the inlet water is still to cold, and any of the trips I made out I noticed the fish are mostly biting on outgoing tides being warmer water. As temperatures warm won’t be long they will all be fishing the Moses bridge area.

Reactions: MOJOE and Chevy1

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Csdep1