Marine Supplies

BoatGuy

Angler
Feb 8, 2019
Sound Beach
I used to buy my marine supplies at Bargain Bilge. Unfortunately they are permanently closed.

I purchased a few V-bar assembly from Loadmaster Trailers. They charged me $4.80 for the 1/2" D x 3 1/16" W x 4 5/16" L
Stainless steel U-bolts and $1.63 for the stainless steel nyloc nut. West Marine had Stainless steel U-bolts and nuts for $20.

Any cheaper Marine Supply shops? I live near Rocky Point. So any shops near me would be appreciated.

If I have to, I can get them on Amazon for $10/each. But I like to finish the trailer ASAP.

Last edited:

Chinacat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 20, 2018
I would skip "Larry's Lighthouse" altogether which is actually at the marina itself.
The place you want to check is "Lighthouse Marine Supply" on Edgar Ave in Aquebogue just north of where the train tracks meet Peconic Bay Blvd.
My Experience though is that their website is not all that accurate and they usually have much more in stock than the website says.

My 2nd suggestion would be Riverhead Trailer. Its on Rte 104 just south of the "South traffic circle" that intersects Rte 24.
He's got more trailer parts on hand than any place I know.

Last edited:

BoatGuy

Angler
Feb 8, 2019
Sound Beach
I would skip "Larry's Lighthouse" altogether which is actually at the marina itself.
The place you want to check is "Lighthouse Marine Supply" on Edgar Ave in Aquebogue just north of where the train tracks meet Peconic Bay Blvd.
My Experience though is that their website is not all that accurate and they usually much more in stock than the website says.

My 2nd suggestion would be Riverhead Trailer. Its on Rte 104 just south of the "South traffic circle" that intersects Rte 24.
Thanks!

Reactions: Chinacat

BoatGuy

Angler
Feb 8, 2019
Sound Beach
My Experience though is that their website is not all that accurate and they usually have much more in stock than the website says.

The Lighthouse marine company does not sell stainless steel bolt, galvanized only. :(

Chinacat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 20, 2018
I would focus on trailer shops
My experience is "marine" supply stores sell some trailer parts as a service/convenience but have limited inventory

Reactions: Roccus7

Fishing Nerd

New Angler
Apr 3, 2019

Both solid recommendations. Lighthouse is great, a quick phone call and I can usually confirm what they've got in stock, and they can even pull it for me and have it ready for pickup later. Makes that quick run to Riverhead when I'm working on the boat and realized I forgot something that much less of a PITA.

Old Mud

Well-Known Angler
Dec 31, 2018
On this side of the lawn

Even I shop Lighthouse Marine. Have been shopping there for 20 years or so. Great folks to do business with and fair prices.

Reactions: Chinacat

Staff online

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nisa1823