Must have missed the memo, "Unregistered Ammunition"????

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
Just heard that the person arrested in DC by the VP's residence had a charge of having 110 rounds of "Unregistered Ammunition". I have to assume this is some DC law, because I have a few hundred rounds of ammo that ain't "registered."

Did I miss some important legislation here???

movetheboat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 29, 2018
Just heard that the person arrested in DC by the VP's residence had a charge of having 110 rounds of "Unregistered Ammunition". I have to assume this is some DC law, because I have a few hundred rounds of ammo that ain't "registered."

Did I miss some important legislation here???

DC Ammunition Laws​

There are certain classes of people who are permitted to possess ammunition in DC. A person in DC who wants to buy a firearm must first get a registration for that firearm. Once they have a registration for the firearm, they are allowed to purchase or be in possession of ammunition, but only ammunition of the same gauge and caliber as their registered firearm. For example, a person with a valid registration for a 12 gauge shotgun cannot be in possession of or purchase nine-millimeter ammunition that goes to a pistol. The type of ammunition someone purchases must correspond to the firearm that is registered in DC to that person. If you are unsure of DC ammunition laws, contact a gun attorney in DC for more information.

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
Coming soon to Newyorkistan, and possibly to the rest of the good ole USA. (just like the nonsense of the <26' boater having to tie himself to a kill switch, another law I will disregard. NOT suggesting anyone else do something so unlawful.)

Reactions: Avenger

jpd

Staff member
Dec 24, 2018
You can only possess ammo for guns that you have registered in the jurisdiction.
If your gun is not registered there any ammo in possession is unregistered and chargeable.

wader

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Onancock, Virginia
Question for you Riflemen:

Do all ranges/clubs require NRA membership?

I've been doing a search on ones near me & they all seem to have that requirement. At least the ones I've looked up.

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
Question for you Riflemen:

Do all ranges/clubs require NRA membership?

I've been doing a search on ones near me & they all seem to have that requirement. At least the ones I've looked up.
Private ones might, public ones can’t. (Brookhaven, Calverton, Mitchel Field)
Reason being the NRA provides inexpensive insurance to the private ones, as long as all range members are NRA members...

Reactions: Avenger

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrT