Nassau's online pistol license system is down

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
Got my renewal application letter and a notice inside stated that since the system was down renewal could not be done online. I called yesterday before driving over and found out that in person renewals could not be processed either. Probably the same for anyone seeking to add a pistol to their license. $200 every five years and this is what this godforsaken county gives you.

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
UPDATE !
I called today and was told to come in. Asked if the online system was operational and was curtly told, "Try it." (Female on phone sounded extremely harried, one syllable or two word answers, lol.)
I couldn't find my old username and pw and knew I changed my email/internet provider but retrieving both was fast so I proceeded to do it online, not caring if I get it in July. (I kayak, fish, boat and swim this time of year and probably won't shoot until the fall. Had no intention of an hour plus round trip and God knows what at the PLB. Good luck to you other birthday boys. But call 573-7559 !

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
UPDATE UPDATE !
So deciding to avoid the hour round trip I emailed my renewal application letter and a digital photo taken against a beige living room wall and paid the two hundred bucks extortion on June 17.
I got the plastic license today, June 21. good for another five years. Not bad, not bad at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Optimum II