New Fluke Rig, i call it the Fluke Attack

Crabman

Angler
Jan 2, 2021
Going to be tough for a fluke to get past this rig. Looks very nice. I'm guessing this will be your teaser? Might have to keep it away from the Wreck and Rubble Gods. They salivate over rigs like this. I used to fish this type of rig except I used a treble hook as the front hook and hung whatever type of meat from one of the hooks. I used a stinger when my chosen bait allowed for it. I still use the treble hook teaser setup for tilefish.

hartattack

Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Central Joisey
Going to be tough for a fluke to get past this rig. Looks very nice. I'm guessing this will be your teaser? Might have to keep it away from the Wreck and Rubble Gods. They salivate over rigs like this. I used to fish this type of rig except I used a treble hook as the front hook and hung whatever type of meat from one of the hooks. I used a stinger when my chosen bait allowed for it. I still use the treble hook teaser setup for tilefish.
I've been successfully using it as my teaser for several weeks now. Works well with Lep's B/S rig using sinker on bottom, rather than the jig. This way the snags over the ruff stuff are minimized. Bringing some with me next week to NanFlukeit, Massachusetts.

Crabman

Angler
Jan 2, 2021
Good Luck up in Mass. I always wanted to go. Heard that we are just fishing in a nursery compared to what's going on up there. Post photos so we can all drool over some really nice fluking. I can see how that rig would really work nicely with both a jig or sinker. In the sticky stuff, a sinker with a breakaway loop or a granny knot in the leader to allow the sinker to bust off before the entire rig is lost might be a consideration. Have fun in Nantucket.

Reactions: longcast and george

hartattack

Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Central Joisey
Hey Capt Mike, they're made on Long Island, info attached. Bill also pours the swing-hook jigs that I've been using and loving this summer

Attachments

• 20220808_092321.jpg
    20220808_092321.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 10

Snapprhead27

Well-Known Angler
May 21, 2020
Islip
Hey Capt Mike, they're made on Long Island, info attached. Bill also pours the swing-hook jigs that I've been using and loving this summer
Do you notice a difference with the swing hooks? I bought some of the Skinner swing hook bucktails to try out.

Leprechaun

Kind of a Big Deal - In My Mind Anyway
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
40 26.470/73 32.350
"The swing hook should be able cushion those head shakes, especially on those biguns...."

. . .Or, it could give an even more violent "sling-shot" effect to to the bucktail, as a biggie violently shakes his head up and down. I don't know if this will ever be definitely answered, but I'm gonna stay with the fixed-hook HTLureco heads until I see a compelling argument against them and for the swing hook setup. Besides, the stinger hook that I use acts sort of like a swing hook anyway.

Just my:

1864-1879_25.12.2017_17.25_01.jpg

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccny73