New for 2020 PENN Low Profile Reels Teaser Video

Leprechaun

Kind of a Big Deal - In My Mind Anyway
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
40 26.470/73 32.350
As I reported a couple of weeks ago, here:

"PENN is now in the low profile category with 2 great reels that offer the same durability, dependability, and resilience of our existing battle proven products."

I understand these are built in Korea by Doyo, the same OEM-builder that produces the Abu Revo Beast reels - which are pretty darn good reels, indeed. Also, my Revo Gen4 Winch has been bullet-proof this season - a really good piece of Korean-built engineering. No reason to doubt that these new Penns will be any different.

I believe that the same parent company now owns Abu, Lew's, and Penn - so its no big surprise that there's a familial resemblance between the three company's bait casting reels.

Quick Teaser vid:

Leprechaun

Kind of a Big Deal - In My Mind Anyway
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
40 26.470/73 32.350
Chunkster - I'm a man of much patience, but please do not hijack any more threads with off-topic material. If you wish to beef about a reel manufacturer (which your posts above are so out there that I can't even be sure that's your intention), please put your points in the Reel Repair Board. This thread is about Penn's newest low-profile reels and that's where it will remain.

Reactions: buddha162

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamesjcurryjr