New Gulp! Grub Saltwater Colors (fluke field trip)

hartattack

New Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Central Joisey
6" grub new colors: Sardine, Blue Fuse, Cajun Chicken, Lime Tiger, Curry Chicken, Orange Tiger, Red belly Shrimp, Mackeral, etc . . . but video proves that Glow White works well (y)
( I like all things tie-dyed )

Chinacat

Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Well.... The nice fish of just over 25" I caught in Shinnecock last week was on a 6'" White Glow grub just like the 1 in that picture(y)

captmike28

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
A quick story about White Gulp worms. I'm sure we all have our favborite colors and consider them to be the "go to" bait when the bite is tough. Personally I have always loved Nuclear Chicken, Chartreuse, and Pink Shine. White used to be way down on my list.
On a Montauk Fluke trip last summer the small Sea Bass were really costing me a ton in bitten off tails on my favorite color worms. So, I reached into the jar to pick out a White figuring I don't care if they steal this one. Wouldn't you know on the next drift I catch a 10# Fluke on the white! I guess the moral is never get too attached to any one color and keep experimenting.

Leprechaun

Kind of a Big Deal - In My Mind Anyway
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
40 26.470/73 32.350
The new salmon 6" Grubs that have been so good to me this season are very, very soft. The worst I've seen yet. Earlier in the season the ling and biscuits were tearing them apart before a decent fluke could get a good look at them. With both of those species now finally backed off, its not quite the problem that it was.

Last Sunday I did fish a Salmon grub back-to-back with an older-version Fire Tiger from about 4 seasons ago. While the older grub was very much tougher, it had nowhere near the beautiful swimming action that the new Salmon one did. Maybe not so coincidentally it also caught far less fish. So maybe there's a lesson in there somewhere.

holty

New Angler
Dec 20, 2018
The new salmon 6" Grubs that have been so good to me this season are very, very soft. The worst I've seen yet. Earlier in the season the ling and biscuits were tearing them apart before a decent fluke could get a good look at them. With both of those species now finally backed off, its not quite the problem that it was.

Last Sunday I did fish a Salmon grub back-to-back with an older-version Fire Tiger from about 4 seasons ago. While the older grub was very much tougher, it had nowhere near the beautiful swimming action that the new Salmon one did. Maybe not so coincidentally it also caught far less fish. So maybe there's a lesson in there somewhere.
Pete, although the fluking here on the north side is way off this year I have been able to pick a few quality fish to 8 lbs. They ALL fell for the 6" Salmon grub.I won't use any thing else.

regards Holty

Chinacat

Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Pete, although the fluking here on the north side is way off this year I have been able to pick a few quality fish to 8 lbs. They ALL fell for the 6" Salmon grub.I won't use any thing else.

regards Holty
Straight up or with a teaser, strip bait etc??

holty

New Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Two or three oz white or chartreuse bucktail with a 5/0 Siwash stinger that holds the 6" grub. Weightless teaser 14" above with 4" Salmon curly tail. It's been a very tough and disappointing pick this year but this rig has yielded a few quality fish in the 35' to 50' depths. It only happens for the first and last hour of either change of tide.

regards Holty

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpf903