New Penn Slow Pitch Rods and Reels

Leprechaun

Kind of a Big Deal - In My Mind Anyway
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
40 26.470/73 32.350
Looks like Penn is getting into the "technical" style of slow pitching. We don't do much of this here on LI, but in other areas it is becoming uber-popular. I've been using "slow pitch-style" rods for three seasons now while chasing fluke - and shock of shocks, I GREATLY prefer this style of factory rod to my mega-dollar CTS and Hydra custom fluke rods. How's about THAT? I think these Penn rods will deserve a look and ceiling tip-poke, once they make it to our local shops. Might be a quite worthwhile alternative to the other moderate-action rods out there - for a fraction of the cost. Hey, not everyone wants (or "needs") a $350-500 custom fluke jigger.

From Penn:

Slow Pitch Jigging is a technique from Japan that is now gaining traction and growing across the United States. PENN is excited to announce our complete Slow Pitch System. With the growth in Slow Pitch popularity, PENN® answers the needs of our dedicated anglers with the new Fathom® Slow Pitch Reels and Battalion™ II Slow Pitch Rods. This system relies on extra narrow reels and thin-technical blanks to make a package ideal for slowly working specialized jigs from nearshore bays and sounds to offshore wrecks and bottom structures. Its applications extend to all species on the East and West coasts. #PENN #PENNFishing #LetTheBattleBegin #PENNFathomLP #PENNSlowPitch #PENNBattalionIISlowPitch #ICAST2020 #ICAST2020Online #ICASTOnline #ICASTShow #newproduct

1596572036587.png

1596572059514.png

1596572082084.png

Reactions: george

Staff online

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamiewaring