NEW YORK BOAT SHOW

Bassknuckles

Angler
Jan 15, 2019

The New York Boat Show is from January 26-30, 2022 at the Javits Center. I have not gone in over 10 years but I'm thinking of going this year with a few friends to get a night out and hopefully support some of the vendors. Can't afford any of the boats LOL. Anyone else going or know if they still have vendors with boating/ fishing supplies/ tackle?​

Reactions: george and BennyV

holty

New Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Very few vendors. Lots of very expensive go fast quadruple powered outboard boats.

regards Holty

BennyV

Staff member
Dec 21, 2018
City Island, The Bronx
I’m probably gonna skip it this year. In terms of tackle I see very little every year. I was thinking about getting a booth but I just signed up for 4 shows in the last 2 days LOL

Reactions: MOJOE

poorrichard

Angler
Jan 17, 2019
Used to attend every year for something to do in the winter. No point in going back. The show gets smaller and smaller every year. Not work the cost of the train and attendance. Years back the LIRR had a boat show package which combined the LIRR fare and the boat show ticked and you saved a few $$. That was stopped a few years ago.

Agree with Holty above. Lots of go fast overpriced 4 and five outboard powered boats. Very few vendors.

Bassknuckles

Angler
Jan 15, 2019
Well I guess, I will tell the wife I'm going and go out drinking locally with friends. Saves some money and gives me 2 additional hours of hanging out. Save the $ for some of the local fishing shows coming up.

• Haha
Reactions: Snapprhead27

poorrichard

Angler
Jan 17, 2019
George

Remember the old show at the NY Coliseum at Columbus Circle? The building was packed with products and people.
More empty space now at the Javits than display space. Not worth it anymore

The COVID restrictions don't help either. I don't want to deal with all the mask requirements in NY City either.

Reactions: george and WhatKnot

OVERBORED

Angler
Jan 6, 2021
George

Remember the old show at the NY Coliseum at Columbus Circle? The building was packed with products and people.
More empty space now at the Javits than display space. Not worth it anymore

The COVID restrictions don't help either. I don't want to deal with all the mask requirements in NY City either.
I think family dynamics have changed. No one seems to have time to take the kids out on the water.Growing up, I spent every weekend fishing with my Dad. Not so anymore. Times really have changed.....

Fishing Reports

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nr1730